Feeling too lazy to do tags and too sleepy to write something new. In that case comes rehash to the rescue! :D Remember I said in the saap-seedy post how I used to write another product review website?! This is one of them gems! ;)
At one of those corporate trainings which start with ice breakers, we were all asked which was our favourite T Shirt and why? People talked about old t shirts that made them feel comfy, branded ones that made them feel hep and then it was my turn. I said “I like this t shirt that has a cactus plant on it and says “Allergic to Pricks” because it’s totally me and my attitude”. The trainer was slightly shocked but very amused too, though he did avoid asking me too many questions during the course of next two days. Hehe!
I have always been fascinated by message T Shirts. Earlier they used to be not so common and happening either. It would say “Nobody is perfect. I am Nobody or My mother says no message T Shirts for me” and the likes. Then one day while browsing through a shop I came across a t shirt that said “God is too big to fit into any one religion” with signs of every religion put in row on it. I just fell in love with it and picked up for my boss.
Since then Tantra has been one of my favourite brands. I can spend hours just browsing through their t shirts and laughing away to glory. My brother is addicted to them and it is my standard gift to him, adding to his ever growing collection. I remember when last time, my parents came down to meet me, I thought of sending a Tantra for bro and I actually browsed for over hour and half! M had almost killed me then.
Tantra T Shirts tagline says India on a T Shirt! Of course it isn’t just India, but desi lingo plays or just twisting of your nursery rhymes. There is this one that simply says “Mary had a little lamb” with a small lamb on it and in brackets it says (it was very tasty)!!
The material used to make is cotton in its most comfortable form making wearing your attitude COOL in every sense of the term. The colours are usually standard in terms of black, blue, red, white, green and cream. They have 4 sizes available starting from small to the extra large. The styling is very simple round neck, no variation in that. I wish they made a few V necks too. The women’s tees are more fitted and shorter in length. Quite nice actually!
The tee comes with a handmade paper tag with whacky instructions and doubles as a neat book mark Priced, till last I knew at a very reasonable 250 - 350 bucks, these tees are a total steal and fundu value for money! They make great gifts for pals and NRI rishtedaars and even for your young at heart uncle and aunty. Tantra is retailed through all major shopping chains like Shoppers’ Stop and your local guy selling a combo of branded and unbranded stuff.
Some of my favourite Tantra Tees are
Picture – Taj Mahal – The Tag –Via Agra – The greatest erection made by man
Picture – Crowded Railway Compartment – The Tag – Indian Railways – 150 years of bringing
people closer.
Picture – Lotsa Arab Sheikhs – The Tag – Aap Qatar mein hai.
Picture - Some allegedly Chinese alphabets – The Tag – The next guy who asks me what it means will get a punch on his nose.
Picture –Ganpati – The Tag – 50% Human 50% Elephant 100% Cute
Picture – Man on a potty – The Tag – Download
The list is endless actually. I haven’t checked em out in quite some time and I am sure there are lot more crazy additions to their repertoire! I did manage to see some really cool kiddie Tantra tees recently! Just picked up one for Cubby, though it’s a little big for his current size. The one I really wanted said “You pinch my cheeks, I pull your hair!”, but I didn’t get in the smallest size they have! Priced at 195 bucks they are quite cool!
And the one I saw in a shop in Mumbai and laughed till I cried had a picture of lazy looking cow and it read “Pampered cow = Spoilt milk”
Which is your fav message tee or the wackiest thing you have read on a tee?
ps: talking about creativity, here's a blog I came across just last month and I am awed and amazed that SO much can be done with crochet! For me it pretty much meant those TV covers and table cloths in white or pink. Then along comes this girl and shows a whole different world!
take a bow Crafty! :D
38 comments:
"beauty lies in the eyes of the beer holder" .. another tantra which my brother had, i am a big tantra fan too!!!!!
btw, the most creative thing I have done recently was to mk gift envelopes out of wedding cards, they really turn out fab!
My kids have some tantra T shirts too and I love most of their lines, they are really cute- there's even one with our traffic scene, auto rikshaws, scooters, cars a whole road scene :)
they are cool... u can cutomise and order on this site - http://www.myntra.com/
some of them are so cute...
"liked it, threw a tantrum, got it"
"i am cute, my mom's cute, my dad is lucky"
and many more :)
Good post, i think it was one of your old post before I became active on MS. T shirt is very important & significant in pop culture.
I liked that ' I love old age- especially when bottled' T shirt of Tantra.
The whakiest I know is
SILICON VALLEY written vertically at the center.Obviously it was a woman's T.
In Nepal this Tee was quite popular with backpackers-
- No Hash
- No Money
- No Girlfriend
- No Problem
Once we bought a T for our younger one which said " I only look Sweet and innocent" Fits him to the Tee !
Cheers!
~uh~
LOL! yeah i love tantra too! they are too whacky for words!!
i have a green tee that reads "This t-shirt turns green in the company of morons"
and i got one for a friend that has a rajasthani fellow with big moustache like a nike swoosh and it reads "Just Grew It"
sniff @ PS abha! i love u so! all those nice words for me!
crazy amt of hugs for u!!!!! :)
I love tantra too.. I have always hated t shirts which had things written on them ... "look up, I do have a pretty face" kind!! I did not know you get tantra for kids :( M has a few, should get some for Cheeky next India trip. I have always thought some are even worth framing :P
Lovely write-up Abha! The next time I am in India...I'll definitely pick up one of these. I dont like wearing T-shirts but in 2002 I came across one that said" God made man as a sample, the masterpiece came later" and totally loved it! Hubby purchased it for me :) I went around wearing that for the longest time! I should start wearing something cool like that again! And loved the piece about Crafty....she is so cool.
I think my fav is your cactus one. rofl.
I am boring, I dont have tshirts with cool sayings
I too have a couple of Tantra t-shirts, love them!
I have a t-shirt that says "I am past the stage of being Rebellious" and its my Fav :)
oh i just love TANTRA tees:)
'Parents are really tough to raise" so proclaims a tee gifted to my older boy by a close cousin...hmmmpff!
cute post...
I am not a t shirt person..but one saying i like is “Who ever said money cant buy happiness simply didn’t know where to go shopping”
Wow...I did not know Tantra had T-shirts for kids or even for women. I have bought a couple for Abhi over the years & a few for my BIL but never for myself!!
Thanks for all the info.
:)
Ansd about my fav T-shirts- they usually have nothing written on them & are super loose & comfy. :)
G - hehe! thats very cool too! and you are making gift cards and all! too much i say! maybe we will be gifted with one of your creations?! :)
IHM - yeah! most of them are quite cool! :D
monika - yeah! so much stuff out there! one of our couisns has given enough business to myntra to last them many years! hehe!
~uh~ - ah! your fav is in keeping with your persona!! even cubby had I only LOOK sweet and innocent waala! and one he has from nepal has three yaks and says "yak! Yak! Yak!" :D
crafty - those are really cool ones you have and have gifted! as for the ps, oh well, i wish i could do better in describing just how MUCH me likey your stuff! :D
preethi - yeah! the in the face ones are very rarely nice as such! and yeah even i recently discovered they have kiddie tees! so when is your next trip here?! :)
cheers!
abha
HC - oh! thanks to my size even i rarely wear tees! so Tantra i admire and gift! hardly ever wear! :D and love the tee you talking about! and about crafty, yeah she is maha cool! :)
asaan - oh! so am i! i dont own any now! just look at them! :p
suma - yeah! i saw that too in the kiddie section! those tees are called Teenie Weenies!! hehe!
Iya - neither am i a tee person! just like to look and laugh!! :D
M&A - oh well! even i recently discovered the kiddie bit! and me toh wear tees only as night suits! dont get em in my size.... the oens which are good enough to wear outside! :P
cheers!
abha
i had the viagra tee myself
i really like the tantra series too
We don't get too many of those here but I love them. The other day I got one for my son that says on the front side 'I really don't know where my sister is' and at the back, there is pic of a girl stuck on the back with tape! He loves wearing it :D
On my next trip to India, I will remember Tantra !
Hahaha! You do come up with great post ideas! This was such a fantastic read.
Westside has some cute tee's for the little ones. The EO and YO have had :
~Next tantrum in 30 seconds!
~If you think I'm cute, wait till you see my dad! (The MIM loves this)
~Dad's the boss...until mom's home!
Oh I love tantra tees, browsing them is even funner than buying.
sure there has to be a genius to conceive all this.
conceive in a tee i mean.
the post was great - crisp and cool.
"What happen's at grandma's stays at grandma's"
" If you think I am cute, you should see my mom" (Ahem - nope, my son does not have on of these!!)
I used to wear a lot of Tantra tshirts in college. Totally forgot about them...should pick up one when I visit desh next!
laughed out loud at your post - didn't you post something similar on ms once?
well anyway, we have something in common - i love tantra t shirts too, and have a fairly large collection! they are also fave gifts esp for indians living abroad :)
one of my earliest, and favourites, was a gift from a friend. it had really tiny lettering on the chest that said 'nosy, arent you!'
when a man's face went bright red, i knew he had been caught looking :)
Abha...have I ever told you how awesomely cool you are!
You always talk about M's sense of humor but I think you have a pretty humorous side to you as well!!
Loved this post :)
I have a tantra t that says:
"Rajasthan. A great place for a good hump."
(and there is a pic of a camel)
LOL. Love the tantra t's!
art - have you picked up some for anush too? start her early! :p
2b's mum - oooh! i love the sound of that tee! totally cute! :D and yeah if the kids like such tees they are sure to dig tantra! :)and and they have an online service too!
namesake - yeah! westisde has some cute stuff! Cubby had one which said "Mummy's new man!" i so looved it! :D and i recently saw in PE People one that had PHD written on it and it read "Papa's Handsome Debil!". darn cute! :)
avdi - a woman after my own heart! :) even i dont own any now! but LOVE browsing thru them! :D
mampi - yeah! some very cool copy writers! wonder why they are called that when their job is to come up with original stuff! :p
BB's mum - then time you get BB one of those cute mom tees, eh?! :)
MS - oh! its a direct lift from there! these posts go under the tag rehashing old stuff! :P i just edit it with latest bits if any! :D helps in times when i cant think of anything better to write! and poor guy! coming face to face with your tee! ;)
lucy - awwww! thankoo! :D sangat ka asar hai!! long time no see! how you been?! :)
OM's mommy - ek bacche ki maa hokar aise message tees pehente ho!! :P its very evry cool! :D
cheers!
abha
I remember a really fat guy wearing this Tee with a logo on which it was inscribed 'Tommy Howl-figure'
Some great messages there...
cheers
me loves tantra tees, too...and i am yet to find someone in delhi who spends such huge percentage of monthly salary at just one store on janpath...
btw, whr did u pick up ur "baby under construction" tee from?
ROFL - now thats a cool attitude innit?! i had got my dad one that a beer mug and an arrow pointing to his poit belly and aid "Beer goes Here!"
Tithi - welcome! :) and i am yet to find that perfect store in blr! :( leme hunt! and Baby Under Contruction was from Westside maternity wear called Just mom! or some such! very cute, innit?! my abs fav!
cheers!
abha
:)
i got one now a pretty green, its my fav for now..
it says join the military! meet interesting people.. ANd kill them!
oh i love tantra too...i think my fav one was something like "come to india...1 billion pple couldnt be wrong"...hehe..cracks me up everytime..
I have moved to Wordpress, this is my new address, do drop in for a cup of tea :)
https://indianhomemaker.wordpress.com/
Cool post :) I have couple of Tantra Tees -
"Chinese – The next guy who asks me what it means will get a punch on his nose."
One has images of Monalisa and Tag says - Mona Darling ;)
Bought the Indian Railway one when I started traveling by Locals in Mumbai. :)
oooh.another tantra fan!i dont wear tee's myself (esp the round necks) but i have spent hours laughing over the taglines in shops :D
mystique - i LOVE the one you have! had neva seen it before! and why you scaring otha people by wearing such tees?! :p
muchkins mum - yeah! that one is really cool! :D have you got any message tees for munchkin?! :)
IHM - yeah me saw! have been ridiculously busy! see ya there! and some coffee for me pls! :p
PI - same pinch! neither do i wear em! but love browsing thru em and gifting em! :D
cheers!
abha
me wants another cutsie post from abha! when it to be coming up??
missin reading cute stuff, am re-reading the earlier ones! even saw "creative shoes taking-off technique" video again! :D :D
it's not easy being perfect but someone's gotta do it...
i hand-painted it messily on a tee in the pre-tantra days..
actually, only prob was that only i could read it
ohh nice! my fav tee is one i picked from westside...it says "god loves you but i'm his favorite" :D i don't fit into it anymore though :( there's another one like that i own - i don't suffer fom insanity, i enjoy eveyr minute of it :D
Post a Comment