I am a firm believer of Karma and partly destiny too. No, I have never discounted hard work because many a chances get squandered because we keep waiting for things to happen on their own.
So for me the fact that I met M is Karma (good one at that) and the time it took me to convince him that we are good together is the hard work I put in! :)
And as we complete 5 years of being happily married and 11 years of knowing each other I must count my blessings and tell M just how much I love him and how lucky I feel to have HIM by my side.
Of course we have had fights. Some of them have been nasty too. But through it all what is comforting is that we have known how important both of us are to each other. WE have always known that the good times have been a constant rather than being an occasional thing. We know each others' strengths and try not to play on the weaknesses when we have a fight.
M is definitely the better half between the two of us. Both of us come from fairly different backgrounds and the fact that he accepted the change much faster and a lot more gracefully than I did says a lot about him. For that I can never been thankful enough.
Past 5 years have been a joyride and I have loved every moment. Be it the late dinners because we were both learning to cook or the bike rides in rain and sunshine. The movie watching spree when we watched just about any and every movie that released ( karam and Naina anyone?) or the trips to Majestic to buy pirated DVDs when we finally bought a TV after a year of shaadi. The discovering of new restaurants and your uncomplaining company to all the exhibitions that happened in the city. The small barsaati we lived in to the current house we should be getting out of but don't want to! The times when stuff was bought only after we needed it and had the dough for and the occasional faaltu kharcha we can afford to do now. The fact that we are genuinely fond of each others' parents and more often than not how my relatives call you and yours call me when they need something or just for a chat! :) The time we finally bought the second hand Maruti and went on our first long drive with Papa guiding you to now taking Cubby in it just about everywhere. The pregnancy where you were a rock solid support and to see you being the awesome father I always knew you would be. The lavish praise you heap on me even in public laughing away the Joru ka Gulaam tag and just how much faith you have in whatever I do. I feel lost without you even with my own friends and family.
For all this and many more intangibles I Love You! Don't ever leave my side! And don't lose that sense of humour and the smile! :)
happy 5th darling pati M! :)
and here's some random wedding day etc photos! :) I know I made a gorgeous bride (there are no NOT gorgeous brides according to me!) and M still whines about how he wants THAT biwi back! hehe! But me in lenses and make up is only a dream as of now! ;)
So for me the fact that I met M is Karma (good one at that) and the time it took me to convince him that we are good together is the hard work I put in! :)
And as we complete 5 years of being happily married and 11 years of knowing each other I must count my blessings and tell M just how much I love him and how lucky I feel to have HIM by my side.
Of course we have had fights. Some of them have been nasty too. But through it all what is comforting is that we have known how important both of us are to each other. WE have always known that the good times have been a constant rather than being an occasional thing. We know each others' strengths and try not to play on the weaknesses when we have a fight.
M is definitely the better half between the two of us. Both of us come from fairly different backgrounds and the fact that he accepted the change much faster and a lot more gracefully than I did says a lot about him. For that I can never been thankful enough.
Past 5 years have been a joyride and I have loved every moment. Be it the late dinners because we were both learning to cook or the bike rides in rain and sunshine. The movie watching spree when we watched just about any and every movie that released ( karam and Naina anyone?) or the trips to Majestic to buy pirated DVDs when we finally bought a TV after a year of shaadi. The discovering of new restaurants and your uncomplaining company to all the exhibitions that happened in the city. The small barsaati we lived in to the current house we should be getting out of but don't want to! The times when stuff was bought only after we needed it and had the dough for and the occasional faaltu kharcha we can afford to do now. The fact that we are genuinely fond of each others' parents and more often than not how my relatives call you and yours call me when they need something or just for a chat! :) The time we finally bought the second hand Maruti and went on our first long drive with Papa guiding you to now taking Cubby in it just about everywhere. The pregnancy where you were a rock solid support and to see you being the awesome father I always knew you would be. The lavish praise you heap on me even in public laughing away the Joru ka Gulaam tag and just how much faith you have in whatever I do. I feel lost without you even with my own friends and family.
For all this and many more intangibles I Love You! Don't ever leave my side! And don't lose that sense of humour and the smile! :)
happy 5th darling pati M! :)
and here's some random wedding day etc photos! :) I know I made a gorgeous bride (there are no NOT gorgeous brides according to me!) and M still whines about how he wants THAT biwi back! hehe! But me in lenses and make up is only a dream as of now! ;)
M acted the part well and yes, the brothers let go of the ear only after they are given a gift! :) Nothing like good ol' threat of corporal punishment! Hehe!
I had to kiss all his thirteen cousins and give them a gift to be let in! :) And the fun was just beginning! Can you imagine I forgot to call my folks and tell them i reached ok! gah!
I think we did like hazaar extra rounds to make M win, but i still won! Woohoo! :)
Uske baad kya hua is for me to know and you to guess! ;)
Here's to many more M! :)
Chin! Chin!
Much love and hugs and kisses!
and yes Thank You! :)
39 comments:
Congrats to both you and M. Wish you many many more years of happiness and togetherness.
Lovely post full of happiness as always.
You both make a lovely pair. I really enjoyed your wedding pics :)
Congratulations on the 5th anniv; I have fond memories of that Maruti & shall we say "faltu Kharcha". And I still remember what I have to do the next time in Blore.
Not that I am any good at grammar, but I would slightly modify
"happy 5th darling pati M!"
Pure ghaatis like me understand this line, but a Timbuctooan may think M is your "5th darling pati".
Loved the wedding photos & descriptions. Many happy returns of this day to the both of you.
Happy anniversary dear..Loved this post
Hey! Happy 5th...very very cute post :)
abha, happy anniversary to u and M! it was nice looking at your wedding pics, u look gorgeous!! and love the nath, if it wasnt so tortuous to wear i wld have worn mine at every traditional function :D
Congrats and hugs to both of you!!
I L.O.V.E. all the snaps you put up here!! Wah! They are all gorgeous!! Both of you look so wonderful!
May the smiles be ever-lasting!! God bless!
I LOVVVVED "Kaan Pili"...sounds exactly like Konkani:) Even my kids threaten their dolls with that if they don't obey!
You look so gorgoeus!!!! Glad you enjoyed the getaway.
Congrats on the big five to both of you!
Congrats Abha!
Have been a silent reader but couldn't resist commenting here to wish you guys! Happy anniversary! You and M make such a lovely couple and these are such beautiful wedding pictures too.
OMG you did make a gorgeous bride, both of you look great! And anyone who meets you guys know how "right" you are together - to me, you both go a long long way back - a janam janam ka rishta (corny I know, but true!)
Lovely post. God Bless!
All the very best to a bright and lovely couple!!
I enjoyed the pics
@Samir - it was great to have you here, dude. Looking forward to the next time they need to present "our US office guy" at your company, so we can meet again.
Somehow, the comment section on this blog always ends up touching me more than the blog itself.
Thank you so much for all the nazar-inviting words. We had a great anniv weekend!
And yes, sweet Abe, while I hardly deserve someone like you, I do not any more wish to imagine the misery that would be mine had you not been.
Here's a toast to loads of love and many years of togetherness ahead...
That was such a sweet post. Please put a black dot on all snaps :) they are just too lovely.
And yeah you two make such a sweet couple. May you grow happier every second all through life.
More than luck, I feel its the kind of people you both are that makes you such a happy couple. God bless and touchwood :D
CoS - Thanks so much! :) see ya soon one of these days i hope?! :)
samir - thanks! and the time spent with you was more important than money! defi not faltu khracha! :) and will adding a comma "Happy 5th, darling Pati M" help?! hehe! thanks yet again for those warm wishes and come back to blr soon! cant wait to get a taste of your cooking! :D
Timepass - thanks so much!
aargee - good to see ya here! thanks! :)
CP - this was that press nath naah? no piercing required! did ya get your nose pierced? and yes, it does look lovely! makes the loog richer right away! :) thanks for the wishes! :)
namesake - thanks so much! :)
starry - well konkani and marathi are sisters arent they? lot of similarity! :) thanks a lot! :)
anu - hey!!! :) thanks for dropping by with the wishes! :)
Poppy - awwwwww! :) thank you!!!! :D that comment brought tears to my eyes! hugs!
art - thank you Art! you enthu cutlet second time mommy! :D
Vidooshak - yup! its awesome to see such genuine good feeling from everyone!! :D and thank YOU for being around! am sure my life wouldn't have been any less miserable if i didn't have YOU in my life! :)
WIAN - thanks lady! your words mean a lot! and when are you coming to blr next?
cheers!
abha
First off, congratulations to the most awesome couple I know!!
U kno, ur right about M being the fun one, committed one, great dad etc.. But I do believe ur the one who brings it out in him.. I cannot even imagine the 2 of u without the other..When the DH & I talk about u guys, its always Abha & M; its never just Abha or just M!!
U guys rock!!
P.S. This is deja vu for me.. Because I was grinning the whole day of my wedding, while Amma, Appa & Akka were crying their heart out.. Infact, BFF came over and told me to pretend I was sad at least :D
Happy Anniversary Abha and M. Lovely,lovely post! The wedding pics are superb. You both make a beautiful couple and you were indeed a gorgeous bride :) Thanks for sharing the pics.
happy 5th and here's to many many many more years of togetherness and love to the 'love'ly couple ;)
psst...you made a gorgeous bride :)
and this was such a 'feel good', totally 'aww....' post.
Will start with Samir's comment- my friend you totally missed the point. I have been watching them very closely and the sentence is correct as it stands. FOR THEM IT HAS BEEN 1ST YEARS REPEATED FIVE TIMES ALREADY. It would not be wrong to say M has been 'like the 5th darling pati' and may Almighty allow them to be like this till their last days.
You started your journey with us-yes that wonderful big smile ,and have maintained it for the past five years. Keep our life lighted up like this forever.
I can never forget your first night. Come on dont be scandalised. The pleasent surprise of the morning after is with me even today.I could not believe my eyes when you wished me 'good morning Papa'instead of being in the Hotel where you were supposed to be.
You never were a new bride and have never behaved or demanded like a Daughter-in-law. Look what a wonderful gift you have given us-CubbyR, my darling Kabir.
I pray and will always prey from wherever I am for you and M to remain what you have been for the past five years. God Bless.
congrats!!!
kaala tikka and all that :)
Wow! congrats..tha' was a nicely done photo blog kinda thing..nice slide-show. Happy anniversary!
Happy Anniversary! Lovely pictures!
Wishing you both many many more years of togetherness. the pics brought back the great memories of the wedding and of all the times we have spent as friends before ur shaadi.God Bless and loads of luv to the darlin cub
Congratulations !!! You both look great together !
You know what struck the most from the pics is you seem to actually enjoy the proceedings ... a rarity where the couple getting married have fun.
Wishing you both many many years of togetherness.
Happy Anniversary ! You both rock!
Wwonderful and warm people like you are so rare.
Thnaks for sharing those beautiful pics :)
CONGRATS!!!! Abha!! and Mayunk :) Lovely snaps...Happy 5th..and wishing more many many more happiness filled yrs ahead.!!!
I loved seeing your wedding pics....makes me fell better...at last there is PROOF that there was another non-demure bride!!!
Host some more pics and send me the link...would love to see more pics!!
Happy Anniv.
Heres to many more.
And you look the same. You havent changed in 5 years, except maybe the glasses part :)
@Angel - You bet!! At your wedding (which happened to be on my bday) that's the first thing I noticed. Poor hubby, I said, he's got one of those Hi-Hello type biwis... whatever happened to the demure brides? Sigh!
:-)
That's also when I knew that you're gonna be one of our best friends for a long long time. Wish you a happy 17th month
Dee - thanks for that beautiful comment! :) means a lot to me and in a lot of ways we have a similar sorta shaadi! :) and hey, i did cry at bidaai! :p
HC - Thanks muches lady! :)
suma - thankoo! :) its nice to have even friends call us the nice couple! hehe!
papa - thank you for the most beautiful comment as always! and it was easy to keep the smile with wonderful people who made me feel at home right away! hugs!
happy feet - thankoo! kala tika put and all that! ;)
phatichar - i quite LOVED your anniv post you did quite a few months ago! :)
BB - thanks girl! and man i must check out your blog to see whats up with the l'il one! :)
momo's ma - and you know what i am glad about? that our friendship continues thanks to J being such a cool dude! :) hugs!
CA - thanks so much! :) and yeah i had fun at the wedding! guess the fact that i knew both M nad the family for long enough helped!
avanti - thanks girl!! :) made me smile!! :D
AF - you know what M said when he saw you at the shaadi? She sure reminds me of another bride who refused to be shy! hehe! I was glad to see you like that!! :D so much so that M's relatives said "bahu acchi toh hai par bahot hasti hai aur bhaagti hai!" hahahaha!
asaan - thanks!! :) oh i wore glasses even then. just for shaadi i wore them bleddy lenses! ma in law couldnt imagine a bride wearing glasses! in hindsight i am happy with the results tho! ;)
cheers!
abha
Vidooshak & AF - i wrote my comment without reading Vidooshaks comment! so now you know i was telling ya the truth! :)
hehe!
cheers!
abha
Happy Wedding Anniversary to both of you!
You look so pretty in all the pictures, loved the traditional nose ornament that you are wearing. Looks like your shaadi was a lot of fun with naach-gaana and whatnot.
Raising a glass to many many more wonderful years ahead...Cheers!
Great pics ! i especially liked the last one for some reason; i cannot say why.
Superb pics :) The shy dulhan pic is super-cool :P
Cheers to many more joyful moments :)
a little late though :) touch wood is what i can say! the pics look lovely and speak volumes! knowing and meeting both of u makes me believe that these celebrations will go on :) u both make a lovely pair :) wishing u both many more!
How do you manage to write such emotional heartfelt posts with such an ease ??
The bond that you and M share is so obvious to everyone who meets you. You are so made for each other , beyond words :)
Lovely pics there and Happy 5th ..err..11th :)
kay - thanks! its my fav too! :)
priyanka - thanks! :) thats a tarditional mahatashtrian nosering called "nath." and naach gaana was from M's side of the family. our wedding was pretty much simple marathi affair! :)
swaram - thankoo! :)
JLTT - thanks girl! you know your words always mean a lot! :)
swati - thank you for these sweet words! got me all teary eyed! :) and i just write what i write. if you guys like it i am glad! :)
cheers!
abha
Am so so so late but still Belated wishes from me :)
But what freaky coincidences girl!!! But it must have made the whole trip much more lovelier & filled u with nostalgia!!
Belated wishes for your fifth anniversary. Lovely wedding pics :)
Aww, very belated happy anniversary. Pics are great, as is your dazzling smile!
smits - thanks girl!! :) and frankly the only coincidence that hit home was flowery bed! :D rest i found as i was sifting through photos!! :D
thanks Rohini! :)
MJ - merci beaucoup!! :)
cheers!
abha
Your smile...it's something. There's something.
Man, I wish I have that smile.
Nice post.
Post a Comment