Friday, December 12, 2008

of coming out and awards...

You know how everyone is a closet poet, and there is a reason, some, like me, should STAY in the closet! We scribble silly rhymes once in a while or just sing them and forget about them! But sometimes, we actually dare pen them down and mail them to friends as birthday wishes! And then copy it to the husband, who find this more than a year and a half old mail and resends it to me!

So what better to do than put it here and laugh at oneself! :) And ofcos let you guys have a good one too!


My favourite one though is one I used to sing for Cubby when he was really tiny and you know how they have ugly, green l'il butt?! I used to say


Puttt Puttt Puttt Puttt Puttt
On you little green butt
It is the little and it is the green,
It is your butt on which i do Puttt Puttt!


Ok! Dont run away, already! Just one more and the torture is over! I promise!

Arre O! itika (I was trying to cheer her up for some reason!)
You must read and learn from tales of jaataka
At times life is about getting coffee with cream,
At times it is about a few broken dreams


But let nothing keep you down
Its must easier to smile than frown
Uneasy lies the head that wears ghum ka crown
The point is to swim back and not drown

What would it be, our life?
Without a few joys and a few strifes!
Just keep chin up forever
Things will turn out just super!

I cant think of rhyming any further
My imagination is at the end of its tethers!
Hope it brought some cheer
Keep rocking Iti Dear! :P


Plus there is an award to acknowledge. Thanks a ton Monika for The Proximity Award. The blogosphere has been wonderful to me and the number of friends made is just amazing. So many I haven't even met as yet, but I know when we do, there won't be a trace of awkwardness! :)



This award is given to a blog that invests and believes in PROXIMITY - nearness in space, time and relationships! These blogs are exceedingly charming. These kind bloggers aim to find and be friends. They are not interested in prizes or self-aggrandizement. Our hope is that when the ribbons of these prizes are cut, even more friendships are propagated. Please give more attention to these writers! Deliver this award to eight bloggers who must choose eight more and include this cleverly-written text into the body of their award.


I pass this on to SnS, Dee, Monika, Mampi, Mamma Mia, Sue, Suma, JaM, Devaki, Puja and Chandni.


(I know I have added more people, but agar mera bass chale toh list will be endless! So please to excuse! Take a bow ladies!;)

19 comments:

IS said...

hehehehe... I also remember a poem now... not mine though!

She's a jolly good fellow
She's a jolly good fellow
She's a jolly good fellowwww....

And so say all of us! ;)

That poem is the world's BEST poem EVER... muah!

Pipette's Mimi said...

hehehe nice poem there...MM
And congrats for the award!

aMus said...

this reminds me of a poem my mother would make up of rhyming words and we would add on and on...i'm sure the second poem must have cheered her up immensely!!! :D


and thank yoooooo (that's how my son spells you) for the award...and keep smiling...:)

Toonfactory said...

Wah Wah...
Everything from
Chidiya Ki ChooChoo to Ghadi Ki Tic Tic..
After reading this post of urs sounds very Poetic..Sounds very Poetic..

(I know this attempt was pathetic par kya karein Raha Naa gaya)...

Monika said...

Aww............i love the putt puttt putt rhyme. Really cute :)

& the second one in fact is REALLY good. Come out of the closet more often !

Anonymous said...

:D :D That Putt Putt rhyme was so cute !!! I couldnt stop laughing at it, Abhs !!!! :D :D

And the Iti one is very meaningful, Abhs :) I loved the way you've put something very meaningful in such simple words :)

Anonymous said...

Oh, and thanks for the award, Abhs!!! *takes a bow*

Angel's Flight said...

Hi Abha,

U should check out my last post..posted yesterday...There is something there for you

here is my attempt at poetry

Hurry up and go to the post
U will see that u r my dost
Take the trip , take cubby along
do it now, or this rhyme will prolong

Wah wah wah wah!!

hehehhee

Cheers

Monika said...

loved reading that poem....

and now time to say thanks... thanks a lot for the award i cant belive it.... hands on my mouth and tears in my eyes :) :)

will put it on my blog ASAP

Dee said...

Thank you very very much...

I refuse to hand out the award to just 8 people.. Its for everyone out there!!

God, everytime I come here, I get a new blog to read sweets..

Sue said...

Thunkooji. :)

BabaJain said...

The best poetry i have heard from u was 'watch out i will whack u' to Cubby R at an age when he could not have understood. Tell me where the first whack will come- green butt and/or pink cheek? Keep peoting

Anonymous said...

The poetry is cute... I can't believe you wrote that... probably since I'm such a duffer at it you know. :D

And thanks so much for the award Abha, I feel so warm and fuzzy right now!!!

Smita said...

You are Tagged here

http://books-life-n-more.blogspot.com/2008/12/artistic-me-d.html

Mampi said...

Yipeeee,
I got an award, the first proximity award.
I am lucky tonight....
Thanks Abha for remembering me while being so generous with the award.
I congratulate all the co-winners for their wonderful blogs.
Thanks Abha for introducing us to their blogs through the award.

Mama - Mia said...

Iti - oh well! sweet memories is all these things are!

Mimi - hehe! thanks! :)

Suma - you remember in the movie Khoobsurat,Rekha and her family keep making couplets while playing cards?! :) and yoo are welcome!

toon ji - only YOU could have come up with tic tic and poetic! :D

ansh ki ma - i still sing putt rhyme to him sometimes! hehe! might as well make the most before he starts understanding how silly it is! :p

cheers!

abha

Mama - Mia said...

SnS - you are TOO kind!! i wont even call either a peom really! just rhymes! :p

AF - you are outta the closet too! and much betta than me too! thanx fo0r the award!! hugs!!

monika - oye! this is bigger than tears in eyes and hands on mouth miss universe award!! :p

Dee - your page is doing a blog a day!i am still once in a week person! :p

cheers!

abha

Mama - Mia said...

sue - bhelcome ji!

Papa - hehe!! i dunno! i have been threatning long enough, nahi?! he has still to get THAT brattish i guess! :p

Devaki - oh! anyone can come up with crap like that, nahi?! just rhyme some words! :P

smita - will do it! aur post padhke comment karte hai!! :p

mampi - thank you for you enthusiasm!!i like the way you avoided commenting on my ahem "poetic" effort! ;)

cheers!

abha

WhatsInAName said...

lol :")
What a poem! Its a delight actually when I come back to blogosphere after ages and find some gems to lighten up my day :)
Was down with fever but your poems cheered me up!
And yes, like you had said, I have found some wonderful e-friends; and you are one of them :)