Chokkit bikkit is the demand we hear very often in our household as the youngest member has started getting more and more vocal in his demands. He now also follows it up with OUR set of dialogues saying "Mummy office se aayegi naah, toh bikkit le aayegi aur Cubby ko degi!'
Ofcourse, he is equally or even more vocal about things he DOESN'T want to do/eat. As the terrible two's show up in all their glory the instantaneous response to anything suggested is "Naee kanoonga" or "Naee Chaaiye"! And if it's not that it has to be "Main Kanoonga!". Even a sock taken off without letting him do it is reason enough to throw himself bodily on the floor and kick up a storm. We can do something for him if he graciously allows us to by telling us in so many words "Tum kano!"
But the terrible 2's are terribly cute too. With his increased understanding and vocab he makes us smile even more often. He talks his head off all the time and sometimes we just tell him to shut up and breathe! Can't blame the poor kid, it's in his genes! :p
Now that Cubby is going to school he learning his ABCs an he loves singing it all the time and we LOVE seeing him sprinkle sugar saying"Shugga on your bedd" and then do the sleeping action and say "Betta go to bed!"
This BIDWF moment came thanks to this new knowledge.
We were sitting in a restaurant and Cubby was getting fidgety and bored towards the end of the lunch. So we got some tissue papers and he started scribbling. Then he said "Tum likho naa!" So I held his hand with the pen and we were writing my name. So I went "A B H A".
What does Cubby say very indignantly?
"Nahi!! A B C D!"
WE could not stop laughing!
He similarly stunned us by spouting days of the week and months of the year! I mean we keep forgetting that he goes to school and already has a life that we have no clue about.
The kid is growing up way too fast, I tell ya! :)
Apart from that his eating habits MIGHT just be improving. He suddenly got completely turned off by the tasteless goop he had been having for past over an year, namely khichdi and raagi. He made it very clear that he will not be eating it anymore by refusing to let even a morsel go in his mouth without having to go through a battle.00
Now he likes stuffed parathas (esp aanoo and paneen), sambhar chawal and dahi chawal. He also likes to eat just sukhi chapati. So the attempt to make him normal dal-roti-subzi etc has not yet been made. Add to that Amma makes sure that he inherits the local taste buds and often does not even TRY and give the stuff that I make and keep. That bit is getting a little annoying, but then I end up not making a big deal because at least he is eating without too much fuss. (Touchwood and Anti jinx!)
He loves colouring and now recognizes (that means past few months) all the common colours. His latest favourite is Geen cunon (colour) and he insists on having all liquids in his Geen Gaas wonly! :D
He also comes up with some funny n funky dance steps every now and then and I am guessing that is the "Schoon effect" too! :)
All in all, if you discount the omnipresent whining, life is good! :D
Considering I have done like a mini Cubby update, leme just do one tag as well!
This was passed on to me eons ago by Starryeyes - an awesome awesome blogger whose posts I just love to read for their honesty and beauty!
Ofcourse, he is equally or even more vocal about things he DOESN'T want to do/eat. As the terrible two's show up in all their glory the instantaneous response to anything suggested is "Naee kanoonga" or "Naee Chaaiye"! And if it's not that it has to be "Main Kanoonga!". Even a sock taken off without letting him do it is reason enough to throw himself bodily on the floor and kick up a storm. We can do something for him if he graciously allows us to by telling us in so many words "Tum kano!"
But the terrible 2's are terribly cute too. With his increased understanding and vocab he makes us smile even more often. He talks his head off all the time and sometimes we just tell him to shut up and breathe! Can't blame the poor kid, it's in his genes! :p
Now that Cubby is going to school he learning his ABCs an he loves singing it all the time and we LOVE seeing him sprinkle sugar saying"Shugga on your bedd" and then do the sleeping action and say "Betta go to bed!"
This BIDWF moment came thanks to this new knowledge.
We were sitting in a restaurant and Cubby was getting fidgety and bored towards the end of the lunch. So we got some tissue papers and he started scribbling. Then he said "Tum likho naa!" So I held his hand with the pen and we were writing my name. So I went "A B H A".
What does Cubby say very indignantly?
"Nahi!! A B C D!"
WE could not stop laughing!
He similarly stunned us by spouting days of the week and months of the year! I mean we keep forgetting that he goes to school and already has a life that we have no clue about.
The kid is growing up way too fast, I tell ya! :)
Apart from that his eating habits MIGHT just be improving. He suddenly got completely turned off by the tasteless goop he had been having for past over an year, namely khichdi and raagi. He made it very clear that he will not be eating it anymore by refusing to let even a morsel go in his mouth without having to go through a battle.00
Now he likes stuffed parathas (esp aanoo and paneen), sambhar chawal and dahi chawal. He also likes to eat just sukhi chapati. So the attempt to make him normal dal-roti-subzi etc has not yet been made. Add to that Amma makes sure that he inherits the local taste buds and often does not even TRY and give the stuff that I make and keep. That bit is getting a little annoying, but then I end up not making a big deal because at least he is eating without too much fuss. (Touchwood and Anti jinx!)
He loves colouring and now recognizes (that means past few months) all the common colours. His latest favourite is Geen cunon (colour) and he insists on having all liquids in his Geen Gaas wonly! :D
He also comes up with some funny n funky dance steps every now and then and I am guessing that is the "Schoon effect" too! :)
All in all, if you discount the omnipresent whining, life is good! :D
Considering I have done like a mini Cubby update, leme just do one tag as well!
This was passed on to me eons ago by Starryeyes - an awesome awesome blogger whose posts I just love to read for their honesty and beauty!
- What's for dinner? M will make the subzi, me the dal. Which one, I dunno!
- What's the last thing you bought? Milk and curd
- What are you listening to right now? Some kannada song playing at work.
- What do you think about the person who tagged you? Read the lines before the tag!
- If you could have a house totally paid for, fully furnished anywhere in the world, where would you like it to be? By the beach!
- What's the principle you live life by? Life is too short to sweat over small things and that ONE person can make a difference.
- If you could go anywhere in the world for the next hour, where would you go? Rajasthan. I desperately wanna see go there!
- Which language do you want to learn? Kannada I guess and teach Cubby Marathi. My family is hounding me for neglecting his mother tongue! :p
- What's your favourite quote? Shit happens! :)
- Who do you want to meet right now? Friends!
- What is your favourite colour? Black and Red
- What is your favourite piece of clothing in your own closet? A nice black top gifted to me by a close friend and white denim capris my folks got me from US and erstwhile yellow capris that are now greenish yellow thanks to a washing machine disaster!
- What is your dream job? I wish I knew!
- What's your favourite magazine? RD and Cosmo though I haven't read either in ages. And recently Cubby's Toot! :)
- If you had $100 now, what would you spend it on? Books and movies
- What do you consider a fashion faux pas? Wearing clothes in which one is visibly uncomfortable and yeah panty lines!
- Describe your personal style? Anything that fits! I like capris and jeans!
- What are you going to do after this? Take a nap on my desk.
- What are your favourite movies? Thodaasa Roomani Ho jaaye (M finally managed to get me a VCD! yyayy! thanks!), Lock, stock and two smoking barrels, kill bill, Children of Heaven, Chicago, Clerks, Golmaal (old and new), Munnabhai and just too many more!
- Which is your favourite poem? I have never been a poems person. I like Cubby's latest nursery rhyme G G G og the Giraffe. Like it even more 'coz he loves it so.
- What inspires you? Any and every good deed... big or small.
- What do you carry in your bag? Wallet, comb, ALL my lipsticks (don't ask me why!) and keys.
- Coffee or tea? Coffee. Never been a tea person unless its that milky n sweet n kadak tapri ki chai!
- What do you do when you're feeling low or terribly depressed? Shop and eat!
- What is the meaning of your name? Halo (I always have a tough time telling people who go Huh when i say halo! So then i just say light! :)
- Which other blogs do you love visiting? just too many to mention here!
- Favourite dessert/sweet? dark Chocolate and things made with the said item! :D
- Favourite season? rainy season!
- If I come to your house now what will you cook for me? Maggi? No? Ok! Omelet then! a Niice cheese omelet!
- What's your current mood? I need sleep! I need a new job!
- Which feature of yours do you like the most? My smile!
And here's some random photos from the last month!
Cubby's fake smine! :D
Cubby staring at his first "real" frog sighting! :)
The time he thought his father was a trampoline!
Till he decided to give him a short 2mins break! :p

Cubby at UB City! :) The amphitheatre is awesome and we just ignored the security guy trying to shoo us away!

The Blue Umbrella! :)
That's that folks! Have a super weekend! :)
28 comments:
The pics are adorable..
But he is eating very well now na.. Last sunday, I was amazed at him asking him for chicken and juice :)
And yeah, touch wood, anti-jnx etc etc
Sala mera beta to sahib hogaya.He is definitely behaving like a snoty grown up. Snoty or not still very adoreble. Can I write ABHA now and not ABCD?
Time has suddenly stopped for me. When will 18th come? Please please come soon, na
Lovely post n the pics all the more :)
He can say so many words! Luv to Cubby :)
I want aanoo and paneen paratha too :P
I love that pic with the bnoo umbnella (is that how it is pronounced?)
The terrible twos are terribly cute for us - even more because we don't get to hear the whining!
BIDWF???
UB city has an amphi-theatre?
Hmmmm!! Too long - the time gap!!! Should have been nearer to come anytime I wanted to enjoy with you all and Kabir!!!!!
But I keep getting clued in due to your blog.
:)
Tks for taking up the tag! The update was adorable...good ol' Cubby! He's smart, that one.
I want to go to RJ too! And you reminded me we haven't yet seen UB City:( Loved the pix! and didn't know about your halo;) Probably I can't see it bcoz of ur dazzling smile:-D
Just a super sweet update. The tag was enlightening, even for me! He's really at an amazing age. You forgot to tell people what his creative mama in 'Meica' calls him- Baby Teenager :)
I agree!!
We should try and kidnap that security guy. He did the same to us also :D
Lovely pictures! :)
Loved this post about everything!
Yes, their conversations get sweeter and more interesting with every passing day. And your little Cub is just the sweetest!
Yaay!! on the eating! See, it eventually all falls into place :)
As for the tantrums, it's the desire for independence that drives them, so don't worry about that score too much. Easier said than done, I know, when the screams threaten to burst wide-open that already throbbing vein in your temple...but this too shall pass :)
And I LOVED the snaps...but then, I always do :)
The blue umbrella pic is super cute !
Nice update.
LOLOL Loved reading this post. Their pronunciations are really killing, aren't they? :-D
LOL @ ABCD. :-D What is BIDWF????
If I show Sonny boy these pics, he's bound to ask if we can go to see- not Cubby, but - Cubby's father! Mayunk is a big hit! :-D
absolutely adorable all that he says and does and that awesome heart winning smile. glad he is eatin better and more variety. cubby, tell amma, enuff of the ragi (with allooo, milk in kannada and not potato:)) i want other yummy stuff. touch wood and way to go cub.
Superb post Abhs :) Loved the part about ABCD...kya Abha itna bhi nahin maloom ;) And I too want chokkit bikkit alongwith Cubby! Long time since you posted a video of Cubby...do post one where he sings his nursery rhymes.
Loved your tag list and the pics.Just curious....how many lipsticks do u own? And when I come to your place maggi nahin chalega....I want proper Abha wala parantha...the Spring Surprise one ;)
WHAT A POST !!! Be ready for more ..aryan suddenly one say said full ABCD and then one day days of week and months of year when he came back from day care (before he started school) and I never knew that he knows that ..LOL!
BTW ...How do you manage such perfect pics all the time ???
Lovely pics (as always!)
And its great to UNLEARN things and LEARN new things with kids, isn't it?
And hey, you guys are such good parents yaar! I really do learn a thing or two from your posts!
(I am super-LOVING your BIDWF posts.. )
Dee - thankoo! and yeah Chikkin and jooss is always welcome!! esp from a resto! time i learned how to make it at home! :D
Papa - oh you will be here before you know. Cubby is already talking about Daadu aeopane se aayange Puna se! :D
swaram - oh he talks incessantly! and if you want anno and paneen panatha you need to come home! :p
Usha - its Boo actually! hehe! and BIDWF - is because i dont wanna forget moments! since his milestones are not obvious enough to have full fledged monthly updates, wheneva he does something too cute to forget i do a BIDWF post!! :D and yeah UB city has an amphitheater too at the same place where Rajdhani and Khansaama is!
Dad - yeah! wish we stayed closer! ofcos this year the gap between meeting has been too long! we will do better next year! :D
starry - oh UB city is an excellent place for window shopping! unless you are the kind who buys coin purses that cost 17k! and i am hoping to do a RJ trip this winter! fingers crossed!
vidooshak - yeah! baby Teenager suits him to the tee! :D
swat - yeah they are sooo annoying! cant take pictures! cant sit on the steps! ridiculous i say!!
namesake - i wont cheer about the eating already! knowing Cub, he is well just weird! hehe! but am enjoying the bliss while it lasts! :D
CA - thankoo! :D
JLT - so come over already!! you should just plan it one sat in a month!!! you mean woman!! and read my reply to Usha for BIDWF! :D
Momo's ma - oh well! there is no chance raagi is gonna pass through Cubby ever again! just yesterday when asked he said raagi naee khaayega aur khichdi bhi naee khaayega! hyuk!
HC - thankoo! and come, i will give you a chokkit panatha!! :p and how many lipsticks do i own? about 7 out og which i use only three and two lip gloss tubes! so... hehe!
swati - thats what Cubby is doing! he is singing the whole ABCD song all day long! and spouting random stuff we had no clue about! and i SHOW only the perfect pictures! you have no idea how many bad ones i hide! :p
Puja - we are antithesis of great parenting in every sense of the term! i hope Cubby survives us! hehe! :)btw, we should go to nandi Hills together! Diya will love it! :D
cheers!
abha
Aww lovely post. I was missing Cubby's posts. Loved the pics....the one in the park of the 3 of you is precious.
Cubby seems to be growing up way too fast, nahi? Cubby talk is awesome. Reads so cute.
he is so so cute- anti jinx as u said
btw u have lost weigth since we met?
hey (sic)ABCD, I think ur son is a super smart kid..which is why what he says sounds soooo entertaining, even to just read about. u have to admit reading isnt half as good as seeing and experiencing the real thing.:D
u wanna go to Rajasthan?why dint u come with me babe!!?? i just got back!
that amphi of ur's looks very impressive.and the picture of the three of u on the blanket is frame worthy!:D
Lovely update.
Cubby communicates really well and the pics are awesome :)
LOL. cant wait to meet cubby for real! and to hear him. real adorable he sounds!
Lovely update as always.
LOL @ 'ABCD' :)
Absolutely loved the pics, looks like you guys had a wonderful time.
LOL LOL at the ABCD thingy - he's sure grown right infront of us :) I loved this post, all the pictures, the 'moments'
"already has a life that we have no clue about. " Loved this line esp.
Awesome update - he's damn damn cute.
M & A - thanks!and yeah! he is growing up real fast!! :D
art - no luck with weightloss! guess its the angle perhaps?! :p
mandy - you lucky woman! am trying to plan a vacay re! lets see! :D and come to bangalore also naah and see how entertaining he is in real life! :D
coS - Thanks!! :D
Richa - arre in front of people he just shuts up! he is quiet in school also! lets see if you get lucky!! :p
Priyanka - thankoo! :D
Poppy - but isnt it true. there is no way we know what happens in school! its weird! and he is darn cute!! :D
cheers!
abha
I love the pic right after the trampoline one. *kala tikka*
Adorable pics I tell you and I still can't believe he is the same bundle with whom you had a tough time feeding when we visited you ;)
Such a cute lingo and am glad you are recording them
What a fun tag...am stealing it..
Have you lost weight recntly Abha?You are look ing toned..
And you know I love all pics of your wonderful smiling family!
avanti - you go on and steal it!! :D and nopes. i havent been to the gym at all in one month! :( hope to restart again! lost some weight by the time we attend a shaadi in delhi! gah!
cheers!
Post a Comment