Wednesday, September 22, 2010

till i write a post of my own...


We lost my pa in law, fondly known as just Papa on 1st Sep 2010. He had been a heart patient and in and out of hospitals or past few months.


A lot of you who are regular on the blog must have read fairly consistent comments on all my blog posts. I am still to be able to write a post in as much detail as I would like to. One that lies in my draft folder since 15th Apr. A post about Cub and his Daadu which i wanted to put up as a gift for papa's birthday on 19th April. Now i am kicking myself for not having finished it then and there. But such is life... and death.


So I am just linking M's post right now. Simple, short and poignant.


I have not mourned his death. He lived his life too fully and happily for that. If it were for me, I would throw a party to celebrate his life with lots of meat, alcohol and laughter. Three things he absolutely loved! :)


Rest in peace Papa. You were a good soul and I am glad our paths crossed. Thank you for all the good times and unconditional love. You are missed.

23 comments:

Swaram said...

U r so rt Abha. He lived happily and we should only pray he always rests in peace and joy!
Though I hv nt met him, I hv read abt him, his comments and seen his pics. He seems so full of life and I used to love it.
Hugs!

Just Like That said...

God bless his loving soul!

Rohini said...

Condolences to you and M.

Anonymous said...

such a heartwarming posts....

he livedin happiness and so shal he be remembered

RIP

starry eyed said...

I used to be amazed seeing his comments that indicated a warm loving relationship. Sorry for your loss.

B o o said...

Please accept my condolences. Hugs.

Unknown said...

Very sorry to hear this Abha...take care...my condolences to your family...

Anonymous said...

Oh Abha! I don't even know where to begin!

Through your posts and his comments on your posts, it was obvious that he was a loving, caring and wonderful man.

You should indeed celebrate his life, dear, as I am pretty sure that is the way he would have wanted it.

My condolences to your entire family. Hugs to M...unfortunately, I know only too well what he is feeling right now. Take care, all of you.

Anonymous said...

Condolences to your family Abha! I am sure he will be missed with fondness and happy memories.

D said...

Heartfelt condolences.

Cantaloupes.Amma (CA) said...

Condolences to your family !

Unknown said...

REally sorry for your loss.

That truly is a heartwarming picture!

Passionate Goof said...

Oh! I can only offer my condolences here Abha. But I love what you have written about him, and I think the way you wish to celebrate him, is just so wonderful.

R's Mom said...

Hugs Abha...I do remember reading his comments to most of your posts...he seemed to be a very positive person! my condolences

Anonymous said...

My condolences to your family.and such a wonderful way to remember him.
Hope Cubby also remembers all the fun times he had with his Dadu

Dee said...

The DH and I have had wonderful lunches & dinners with him!

Its one of the things we're so happy about - not missing his healthy & fun side!

Sraikh said...

HUGS Abha.
I am sorry for your loss.

Violet said...

Sorry for your loss Abha. I feel sad for Cubby and even more for the new baby who would miss him altogether.

Anonymous said...

I have always read his sweet comments on every post of yours, Abha. He will be missed by us too.

Condolences to your family.

I love Lucy said...

So sorry for your loss, Abha and M.

Pepper said...

You've put up a wonderfully brave front. May he rest in peace. Warm hugs to you!

Swati said...

hugs :(

Hema said...

Saw this just now. Sorry for your loss.