I was a part of couple of baby showers we did in Bangalore for bangaloremom and later for CoS. It was so much fun to be a part of it and I would be lying if i said I hadnt hoped to get one of my own! :p And thats exactly what I got this Saturday. A baby shower that made me realize that friends become your family and then some more, that we could have so much fun within a span of coupla hours, that someone can take so much effort to make a day special for you. To say I feel blessed would be an understatement! :)
Saturday began like any other day with waking up late, wondering what to do about breakfast and then eventually stepping out to pay Cub's school fees. That done we went for a really late lunch to a Thai place close to home. Yummy lunch done, M insisted that we go buy a new phone for me. We did that and by around 5 we reached back home. Rang the bell, waiting for Amma to open the door. As soon as it was opened, we heard "Surprise!" And I saw our ghar gorgeously decorated and all these awesome women filing outta the room with their kids!
I was totally overwhelmed and all teary eyed, doing mad hugging rounds with one and all! :)
The organising committee spearheaded by Monika (lauuu you for that babes!) and ably supported by rest of the gang... some who could make it to the actual party and few who could not. Mon managed to make it even with her aching knee! :) And ofcourse the awesomest book with messages from whole lotta folks in the blogosphere that made me bawl and grin in turns! :) Guess that was Dee's effort in part! This was apart from goodies 2B, Cub and their very lucky Mommy got.
I would LOVE to write the whole thing in detail, but these other bloggers have done a fabulous job of it and I am just going to link their posts here. let us just blame it on last trimester lethargy, shall we?
Here Usha's post. I met her for the first time and i now know for sure that she could not have called her blog anything but Agelessbonding. Fabulous woman! :)
Here's the post by THE Artsy-crafty Shruti whose posts make me do something remotely creative at least once in a blue moon! :)
And the post by JLT, one of the oldest online dost became asli dost of mine. She painted me that super cute Snoopy tee saying Frens are best. I possibly cannot argue with that!
Thanks DD Mom for yummy pasta (recipe awaited as you well know), Preethi for the awesome games and those melt in mouth muffins we all are begging for! Ofcos, I never knew i could get grossed out by chocolate! :) Poppy, you took out time and came on your birthday. Need i say more?! Art and Starry for picking up really cool gifts for the kids! It was brilliant to see bangaloremom after HER babyshower. It did not seem like we had not met for that long, did it?! :) Anu who made it with both her adorable girls! I finally got to see the l'il one and K is already a very responsible big sistah!
And thank you to everyone who took time to send me those beautiful and personalized messages. That is going to be one of my most priceless treasures ever! :)
Here's some photos! There are a LOT of really nice pictures, but privacy issues meant I cant put most of em up. So pls to make do with these! :)
Hugging spree part 1 of 10 when i entered the ghar and was zapped beyond words! :)And i am wearing the snoopy tee JLT painted. Will put the pictures of that in next post!
25 comments:
Believe me MM!! Giving you the surprise was as much fun as it was for you :D You and M were great hosts to a bunch of screaming, OTT women and comparitively sober, well-behaved children. A great time was had by all, I am sure! Now have that baby already...cant wait to know what you are having!
Beautiful girl deserves gorgeous shower!!
and u forgot the mini shower u organsied at your place when I came down from Chennai?
U deserve this & much, much more!
I am sorry I couldn't make it and even cancelled our plans so many times :(
I love the pix of u smiling :)
Hah! Considering you announced your pregnancy like this "Now you can start planning my shower"...we were hard put to surprise you, woman! But we did it after all :-D Your face was priceless! So was M's 'long drive', LOLOLOL.
Big hugs and all the bestest, can't wait to meet the subject of all the hilarity and happy tears :)
Lovely ! Am so happy that you had such a nice set of folks throwing you the most amazing baby shower for 2B !!
Sighh - the internet is supposed to make geographical distances insignificant - but such times make me wish that I lived in Blr
All the best for the home stretch !
You are truly blessed !! I would have loved to be part of the hosting group if I were in B'lore ....
Enjoy all the attention ...
You have some lovely friends!!!! Congratulations!
Absolutely LOVED reading about this! Sounds like a total blast was had by all and hats off to Mon and the gang for pulling it off. We non-residents of BLR have been waiting breathlessly ever since Mon sent us a msg about it a month ago. Wish we could have been there :-)
Good luck to you, sunflower girl! All the best and congratulations over and over again!
So happy for you that you had a lovely shower& got lotsa gifts :-) Now waiting for 2B ;-)
Loved all the pics ..I could not paricipate much for your shower and I will always be sad thinking that :( But I can still feel the fun and joy from all the posts and pics.
May God bless you and your lovely family !
Abha, what a wonderful baby shower..hats off to all these gals for pulling it off and to M for the three hour drive :):) you look goregously pregnant and amazingly beautiful..wish I was in bangalore to enjoy this as well! hugs to all you organizers as well :)
Aww...how very very sweet! Love the smiling and a little teary eyed pics of you :) Here's wishing you all the best babes!
Sooo sooo nice Abha. Hw I wish I cud make it too. Bad me cud nt even send my words in time :P OKie, u cn hv 2B kick me for that he he ;) ;)
abha planning your shower was something I was waiting for since the day u announced the 2b's existence :)
and i had a blast doing it seriously... and when my knee was not well, I was almost in tears and depressed that i wont be able to make it, I think partly it was the way I asked the doc to go that he said go ;-)
god bless all 4 of u... and now waiting for 2b's arrival :)
You had such a lovely time, it shows in your smile Abha. All the best with the new coming baby. And it must have been such a wonderful celebration, wish I had been there myself!! Hugs!
Sounds incredible! You look like the complete picture of happiness! Like if someone wants to cheer up, they should see these pics! Good luck with everything!
Lovely! Enjoy it while you can:)) A few more weeks is it...??? All the best!
BM - after seeing photos when you guys were setting up the place i so wanted to be a part of that as well! so i can imagine! it was such a blast! thanks! hugs!
art - oh yeah! but that time we didnt really do anything typically showerish! yet it was fun nonetheless! :)
Dee - make up and come and see us soon! :)
starry - yeah! i had resigned myself to not getting one! :p and yes, the wait for 2B becomes shorter and shorter! :)
PV - but least this way we can share all the fun with you! :) ofcos meeting Bunnu would be like dream come true! ;)
CA - its more the merrier on such occasions innit? when you touch bangalore you leme know. we will all meet just like that! ;)
HDWK - yup! totally lucky! :D
B - did i tell you just how much i LOVED your message! thanks babes! hugs! :)
suja - last time i had traditional one with family this time the firangi one with friends! both equally fun! :)
swati - you were missed! you know that YOU are the one who introduced me to this gang of girls! :) now you get to work so that we can throw you one! :D
R's mom - it was much easier for M that he though considering we stepped outta the house real late! hehe! come to bangalore and we will all meet again! any bahana for some unbashed hooliganism! :p
Homey - yeah! it was awesome!!!! :D
swaram - seriously wish you could have made it! and no, 2B wont kick you! she knows you are praying for her, whether you sent your wishes or no! :)
Mon - i cannot imagine it without you! thank you soo much for this!!! one of the bestest days ever! ;) hugs!
GM - thanks! and why is your blog password protected?! :(
Noonie - how can i be anything but super happy?! it was just awesome!
cheers!
abha
Oh wow looks like a fun filled baby shower.That chocolate filled diaper sure must have grossed you off chocolate forever:)
Awww. You truly deserve this and much more Abha. Hugs. :)
The first pic says it all :-) You are bubbling with excitement.
Job-well-done to the Blr gang! They pulled off a fab party.
~TPL
Hema - 2 weeks now!! :) what about you? all well with you?
bubbles - thank god my love for chocolate far supercedes such stuff! plus i eat wonly dark choco and these girl didnt make me taste any of that! ;)
sls - hugs! :) thanks!
TPL - that i was excited would be an understatement! :) much fun! :)
Wow! What fun! Wish I had been there!
Wow! This looks like absolute crazy fun. I missed it :( But I am glad that you have such awesome friends! Now make haste with 2B. I am so looking forward to finally visit you :D
Ro - the champion of parties and showers! i still grin when i think about the pictures you put up of your shower! awesome! would have ben super if all you girls were around in bangalore too! see ya when you next make a trip?! :)
Violet - have you reached home awready?! i wish i had known about the shower! would have called you over too! and yes 2B will be here soon! so i shall see ya soon!
cheers!
abha
Post a Comment