Monday, July 14, 2008

Boy! AM i glad am blogging!

I never knew that just watching 10 kids run all over the place can make you feel all tired!

I never knew that meeting people whom you know just through their blogs or at times not even that can be so much fun!

I never knew that Cubby would actually love his first taste of mitti (mud)!

I never knew that someone's home apart from being wonderfully warm can have so many toys to keep kids occupied forever with one thing or the other!

I never knew you can go back from a party knowing you have found some new friends for keeps!

I am really bad at doing this minutes of meetings things, which is why I didn't even do a post about the last meet that happened. I am more than happy reading other people talk about it and just leaving a comment! :)

But just like last one this one left me with a big grin on my face and a lovely feeling of having found like minded people at an age where making new friends doesn't come easy! :)

Swati's blog post says it all and much better than I ever could. Except Swati, CoS, Aargee and Poppin's Mom whom I had met last time, everyone was a new place. I was obviously a bit apprehensive since I am fairly new entrant to this lot and not a part of any other online groups that these wonderful women have where they must have to come to know each other so much better.

As M dropped me to PM's place at around 3 o'clock and I entered a room with women who had warm smiles and guess who am I to offer, I felt at ease immediately. There was Tharini, Sue, D and PM already there with their kids having a blast already! Tharini's Winkie and D's l'il girl were getting along famously, while Sue's adorable Babhlet was running around the house. Poppin is so cute with her shy smile that it HAS to be love at first sight! From great bums to lenses to college and wedding stories the conversation flowed pretty easily!

Then akamonica walked in with her 9 month old bundle of masti N! N instantly reminded me of Cubby just three months ago and I was amazed yet again how much kids change every single day, week and month! :)

PM said we will now move the party up to the community hall on the 15th floor. We loaded all the food, toys and ofcos kids and took the elevator up. The community hall which till then looked all clean and serene was suddenly filled with sounds of excited kids and crazy mothers and smelling of yummy food to be had!

I called M saying come as soon as can because Cubby was missing all the fun. COS walked in with her daughter KT who was ready with her smiles and polite hello for one and all! :) Soon, M arrived with Cubby and Swati, her hubby A and Aryan (who is Swati's xerox copy and liked ME! yay!) 'coz they reached around the same time! M did give me a dirty look saying "Why am I in the minority?" I had conveniently forgotten to tell him that not everyone is getting their husband's along! But hey there was A and PM's hubby. And they gave him great company! :D

Cubby as soon as he saw huge open space with coloured balls strewn all over the place and loads of toys and KIDS, he just went crazy! From then on, he didn't even remember he had parents or could feel hungry etc. He was constantly on the move. Throwing a ball and crawling behind it to get it, using the chair as a walker and creating an almost unbearable racket and trying to observe what the older kids were doing! :) Ofcos this didn't stop him from his routine stinky potty and puke programme, but that didn't seem to register with all the fun happening! :)

D gave all the kids bubble maker. I still love making those bubbles. (I know it was for the kids, but Cuby is too small!:p)I did take it home, filled fresh soap water and been bubbling since as Cubby tries to catch the bubbles! :) And I am keeping those crayon's away at the moment! :p

Noodlehead came sans her Bonbon, but with yummy samosas and was sent back to get Bonbon along! God! She is just too darn cute! I LOVED her shoes, Noodle and you can be assured someday they shall get stolen! :D

Food and drinks were served. The chocolate cake was absolutely yummylicious as was everything else!

PM inspite of being almost 35 weeks pregnant was still running around and making sure everyone is comfortable. hats off to you woman! :)

The party moved to the play area where slides and swings kept older kids occupied, while the sand-pit offered unlimited opportunities to dirty themselves to the younger ones! Cubby even managed to eat some and thankfully I managed to pull the bigger pebble out! :p

What was really refreshing was none of the mothers were the overtly fussy kinds who kept following their kids saying don't do this or that or get your hands dirty! :)

M made a game out of Cubby trying to follow D's daughter(who is really pretty and smart), and they had quite a lot of fun doing that as Cubby tried following her and Winkie (a bundle of energy) with his crawl and they ran away from him screaming and laughing! :) Well sadly for M, instead of a regular chick magnet, he is a kid magnet! I have not seen a single child NOT responding to him when he works his magic! Thanx M for being such a good sport!

CoS got l'il return gifts for all the kids and Cubby loved his squeeze me Penguin!

The party then moved back to PM's ghar. She was brave enough to let all the kids run around her gorgeous home! I LOVED Poppin's room, PM!

Good byes were being said as PM, Tharini and Aargee (who came sans her l'il A, we missed him!) efficiently made small bags with extra food to take home. I didn't have to cook that night! Another advantage of the party! :D

As I said bye, I wished I could stay just a l'il bit longer, but I knew that it would never be enough!

Are there really enough of good times?! :)

As we went home, Cubby was constantly babbling and chattering with excitement and refused to sleep even, paying no heed to his pooped parents' heartrending requests!

Can't blame him though, can I? He just had too much fun!

So thanx all you wonderful ladies and the entire baccha company for making it such a special evening for Cubby and ME! :)

36 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh yes M is a kid magnet - thats true! my daughter says he's her friend!
d

Anonymous said...

I am so so so J.....

Anonymous said...

Hey Abha, it was great meeting Cubby and M. M has a way with kids :)

Swati said...

WOW..WHAT AN UPDATE !! And you say you are not good at it. It was nice meeting you and M and most of all CUBBYR. Aryan has so much fun with him. Seemed like they knew each other for long :)

Mama - Mia said...

d - thanx! :) your daughter really played along with the childish adult and the actual kid!! :D

CD - we really missed you girls! it was sooo much fun! koi nahi, phir se karenge!

CoS - thanx! pity i didnt end up talking to any of mom's much! we shall catch up again! KT's hug and kiss was the perfect ebd to a great evening!

swati - not as colourful as yours! :) am sure aryan and cubby ab milte rahenge! :)

cheers!

abha

Anonymous said...

WOW! that seems like a fun party for both kids and parents!!! :)

Anonymous said...

First you'll meet. Then each of you will write a long update on the nitty gritties! Making the rest of us J!
Sounds like fun, can't wait to meet you'll in person :) :)

Mystic Margarita said...

So agree with DDMom! Hope to meet all you wonderful ladies some day, too. :)

Mira's mom said...

Hey, can totally feel the excitement...am sure you guys had great fun!

Anonymous said...

Fun!

Vidooshak said...

It wasn't just another party. Whenever friends from the Virtual World meet in the Real World, it is surreal. After the initial awkwardness is over, where the fingers desperately seek a keyboard, you realise you have found friends for life.

We just finished breakfast with a friend that "met" me on ICQ, almost 11 years ago. This was the first time we ever met. And I realised how lucky Abha and the Blogging Mommies are!!

Also, how lucky we are to be a part of this magic....

Wunderyearz said...

WOW!!!!
Thats sounded to be one of the best blog meets I have heard of till date.

WhatsInAName said...

Oh Girl! What fun what fun :)
As always, I wish I was in Namma Bengaluru! :P

Mama - Mia said...

SnS - yeah yeah yeah!! it was verrrry nice!

DDmom - aap bass aa jao!! :) looking forward to seeing ya!

MM - me too! me too! come soon!

Mira's Mom - yeah! it was really good fun! :)

GS - aye aye!

cheers!

abha

Mama - Mia said...

V - true true! :) funny thing is for how l'il time the awkwardness lasts! glad you made it too!! thanx for that!

wy - it was really awesome!!! it was one of the best get togethers i have had in some time!

WIAN - come to bangalore!!! :)

cheers!

abha

Aditi's Album said...

How I wish I could bepart of this meet. All I do is sulk in a corner in some God forsaken land and cry!!Enjoy maadi u girls and yr kiddos

Noodlehead said...

it was such great fun meeting everyone! A huge thanks to Poppy and everyone else who made this happen :)

Cubby is sooo cute!! And I LOVE his hair, dont u dare cut if off. M's such great fun to talk to, and he definitely is a kid magnet :)

About BB's shoes, no need to steal. she's already outgrowing them so anyone who wants them can have them :D

Tharini said...

Its so nice to read such a direct update of the party after my rather innocuous one! :D

It was lovely to have met you and Cubby and the big kid too. ;)

Preethi said...

wow sounds like loads of fun!!! and first taste of mitti.. awesome :)

I love Lucy said...

Sounds like all of you had a really wonderful time!
Its so much fun when you get to meet like-minded people and can just be yourself and have a blast,na!

Mama - Mia said...

aa - awwww! :) dont sulk!! am sure there are fellow bloggers in your part of the world too! and from your posts, your seems as interesting and fun as it gets! :)

Noodle - well well! thankee!! :) but Cubby has to get a haircut sometime!! nahi?! but i do hope his curls stay! does Anusha like curly top?! :p

tharini - i wish i could be as poetic as you are! :) that post was absolutely beautiful! this is like Aaj Tak reporting! nahi?!

preethi - we go for mitti ki khushboo, kids go one step ahead and taste it too! :p

lucy - true true! a place where you can be yourself is the most precious place! :)

cheers!

abha

Lijy said...

*sob* *sob* *sob* *sob*.....

Waaaaaaaaaaaa :(

If you din get it... I am crying.

Y am I not in b'lore?
I envy u guys...

bye...I am angry :0

Usha said...

Reading through all the updates I feel like I was there myself. Tried my best till the last minute but just could not with so many people in the house and each having their own agenda.
I will Positively be there next time. :)

Mama - Mia said...

lijy - when i am in your sheher, i shall defi catch up with ya!! we will have ourselves a super mini blogmeet!! cheer up now!! :)

Usha - i was SO looking forward to seeing you!! you have no idea!! but yes, hopefully there will be other times! :)

cheers!

abha

Preeti Shenoy said...

yeah--had read abt it in someones blog.What fun!
A few Blr bloggers too got together recently.'I wish there were more women bloggers in my city!
Cheers
Preeti (just a mother of two)

Unknown said...

oye that was one slam bang party you guys had - made me jealous just to see the pics. Tell us what Cubby did with all his new pals!

K 3 said...

What fun ... hmph sooo jealous of all of you!

*** going away sulking ***

:)

Mama - Mia said...

ps - i think bangalore has most number of bloggers!! this was my second meet and what super fun!! am sure to drop into Pune sometime or the other, would love to catch up with ya then! :)

EL - it was indeed lotsa fun! ofcos i hardly had any grown up conversation 'coz it was so amazing just watching all these kids!! :)

k3 - tumhaara bhi number aayega!! how went the birthday? hope you are posting in detail kya kya kiya! and pictures!!

cheers!

abha

Aryan-Arjun said...

Hey..I tell you I am jealous...
hmmmm...I also want to meet Chubby R. This the note from Aryan

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday Dear! Hope you have a blast, today, tomorrow and always.
Swati, thanks for the mention on your blog :)

Trishna said...

Happyyyyyyy birthday to sweet sweet Cubby!

Anonymous said...

Hey Cubby, wish you a very very happy birthday :)
Blessings, hugs and kisses to you :)

Mystic Margarita said...

Dearest Cubby, Wishing you a very happy, fun-filled birthda yLots of love and God bless.

Mama - Mia said...

aryan - you will meet CubbyR soon! am sure!!

ddmom, trish, Cos, MM - thank you so much for your best wishes!! means the world! :)

cheers!

abha

Mamma mia! Me a mamma? said...

Wow! That sounds like quite the party! Damn...I miss Blor! Waaahhhhhhh! I wanna go back and live there again!

Sigh, I sure am envious, but it's great knowing that the city still rocks and thanks to women like you!

B

Mama - Mia said...

MM - internet makes the world quite a small place! :) you never know where will you bump into whom next!!

it was quite a party tho! total fun!

cheers!

abha