Friday, October 17, 2008

a Tag and another day in Goa!! :D

I promised to do part two pretty quickly after doing part uno of the Goa trip. But I need lot more pictures and all of them are in M's laptop and he is travelling. So I thought while I am sitting vella let me do a tag the incredibly smart and sassy Kiran has set me to do.
(I changed my mind and added some Goa tidbits at the end!)

All I apparently need to do is list out 5 of my addictions. I think if someone reads my blog which sometimes mentions my quirks, other times my fears and now my addiction, that person can easily foool me into believing I have known him/her forever! :p

Taste ki testing
I love trying new tastes at new restaurants and I hate going to same places over and over again when they are so many out there waiting to serve me some good, bad and ugly food! This tasting and testing thing is not restricted to restaurants, but is done at home too. NO! I don't take out Sanjeev Kapoor and Tarla Dalal books since I ain't no kitchen goddess! :( I prowl the supermarket aisles waiting to lay my hands on some new biscuit, a flavour of soup, some ready to cook khaana... anything! At times it's a complete waste of money and another times we eat it till we get sick of it and need a break. I remember buying a Chinese Barbecue Sauce called Woh-Hup Hoisin sauce. We added it to some noodles or something as per recipe on the bottle and it was just horrible. 300bucks flushed down the drain (in every sense of the term!).

SMSing and blogging
I dunno why I prefer smsing than calling. I sms for numbers, address, just to say hey and even make up after a fight. I have no idea why I don't just pick up the phone and call instead. But that's just me. I keep tapping away at my phone and much to everyone's horrors I cannot use T9! so I type every letter and don't let phone do the guessing! :p

Blogging is new, yet an addiction that runs deepest at this time. I just have to get a daily dose of blogs I love to read and rarely can I ever leave without leaving a comment! :) Yeah I am a comments junkie. I love getting them and leaving them on other blogs!

Coffee kick
I LOVE coffee. I don't drink endless cups of it. Sometimes it's just the morning cuppa. But i so need it. A bad cup of coffee gets me upset to no end. That's the reason I rarely make my own. Earlier it was mom who used to make a perfect one and now it's M who gives me my daily dose of caffeine.

Cubby and talking about him
I cannot have a conversation without bringing up what's latest with Cubby. I just love to sit and watch him grow up a l'il bit every single day. I love his non-smile and how he has learnt to shake his head vigorously to say no. Sometimes it could be just something regular he has done. But to his mother's eyes, he is the first one to do it! :p

Reading... in the loo!
Yeah yeah! Go and say ewwww! Till i got married, I never did it more because I guess, Indian loos don't allow you that luxury. But M got me hooked to this habit and now there is no kicking it. Our loo looks like a mini library at times and I wonder how soon Cubby will pick up this silly habit (see! Told you I keep talking about him!)

I tag Suma, BB's mom, Cuckoo, Swati and Dee. (am not linking you women! too tired to do it! Pls to bear with me!)

And here's a l'il update from Goa in any case! One day we got out without a plan and M said lets go and indulge a bit. So off we went to Park Hyatt for a leisurely lunch and chilling at their private beach which came as an unexpected surprise! I kicked myself for not carrying extra set of clothes or just a pair of shorts or something. This was the only time we were there on a pristine beach with cloudy sky and no way to dunk ourselves! :( Tragic, to say the least! But then we enjoyed just lying down on the comfy beach chairs and attempting to take Cubby in water yet again. This time he bawled a little less! But he isn't a water baby as of now at least. He was happiest between changes of clothes, just being naked! :p

Ofcos in his characteristic manner, he kept walking all over the restaurant and hotel and by end of it garnered a couple of fans, what with snooty, rich people who think kids are a nuisance! We had a yummylicious Pizza at their Italian resto and yours truly, otherwise a teetotaler indulged in a Cosmopolitan for the very first time only after M promised that he would share / finish the drink if i didn't like / enjoy it. Well, I quite enjoyed it and might just have it another time! :p

It's a beautiful property and I hope we can go and stay there sometime in future. I collected some sea shells just for nostalgia sake and have no idea what I would do with them.

Also was impressed with the staff uniform at this place! Crisp linen clothes with chinese collars and really cool ivory cut-offs with blue chinese collar kurtas for some of the staff. I felt terribly under-dressed! :p

Here's some pictures of that day.

I fell in love with how fresh and yummy the veggies looked!

Begging Cubby to just sit with us for sometime!!

Cubby would rather run around... barefoot!!

walking to the beach!!

It was a long walk!! See the position change in carrying Cubby!

See the happiness when naked?!

Trying to dress him up!


when will baby-bag days get over?! :p


a family picture to end it with!

29 comments:

Unknown said...

Where did you stay? We stayed in Benaulim and loved Manuel's shack !

Noodlehead said...

ooooh, looks like you guys had fun!! what i'd give ot be in Goa....sigh. Cubby looks so adorable :) can't wait for part two!

Monika said...

Hey I loved the pics & reading abt your addictions..........some are really funny. I am right there with u on reading iun the loo. That is where my morning papers get read & I too have picked it up from hubby......lol.
Waiting for more of Goa !

WhatsInAName said...

lol! :) sweet addictions and believe me its tough being a comments junkie and I sure envy you for being that :)
You surely had a lovely time in Goa going by the pics!!! As for sea shells, I keep collecting memoirs not knowing what to do either lol!
.... and lol at naked cubby! So very sweet :)

Anonymous said...

Lovely snaps! I LOVE Goa, t has a kind of lazy charm to it that I simply adore - we went there after our wedding and everyone was surprised but we loved it!

Oh, and I'm a comment junkie too. Sometimes too lazy to leave them but I sure love collecting them! :p

Mamma mia! Me a mamma? said...

Same pinch on some of your addictions!

And am totally loving your Goa trip! I hope I can have one soooon!

Waiting for the next installment...

Monika said...

oh... lovely pics... i love the monkey business t-shirt... ojas has too :) and loved reading the description too

Unknown said...

Am guilty of the last two addictions too...and you ought to get the pic in the end framed :)

Mama - Mia said...

EL - we stayed with my close friend!! :D i heard from someone about Manuels! maybe next time! :D

angie - and i would give anything to be in swiss land! :D mail BB's latest! :)

monika and ansh - am glad we have fellow loo-readers! :D these hubbies should be whacked! :p

WIAN - its difficult to be comments junkie?! :p MS ka training hai! hehe! my house and my colleagues tables are full of silly souvenirs i keep picking up! :D

cheers!

abha

Mama - Mia said...

devaki - oh well! i also love getting comments more! :p and i thik Goa is a brilliant honeymoon destination! such a chilled out place!! :)

namesake - same pinch for ALL the addictions?!soul sistah indeed! and you seriously aint bored of Goa gyaan?! :)

monika - thanks! :)cute tee aint it! so true for our l'il monkeys! :D

munchkin - fellow reader!! :p and yeah! we finally have a decent family pic! if only cubby had smiled too! :)

cheers!

abha

Artnavy said...

nice pics and account
he does look happy and free without clothes

Mampi said...

Wow,
great addictions to read about. Blogging and Smsing, agree but I use T9, thank God for T9. I have added endless words to it, so i dont face much of a problem.

And btw, cubby would love the being naked part, digambar jain jo thehra, hehehe.
The Goa trip is really cool, and thanks for the pics. Always love your pics and look forward to them in your posts.

noon said...

Hey Abha - loved the pics. Am J! I wanna go to Goa too! The last pic is sweet...
And your addictions are good ones - you are like my dad - he loved to try new food. KG is that way but not KB. I like trying new foods but it has to happen by chance - say some one I know is eating and I try it etc...when I go to restaurants I love to get the same stuff! Esp if I like it!
And leaving comments - that's sweet of you - nice addiction! :)
And what is T9? I have never used SMS - can you believe it? SOmehow in the US it is not as popular. School kids etc use it a lot I think but it is still not as common. YOu have to pay extra for that service - not worth it since not enough people SMS.

aMus said...

mama-mia..whatta tag!!! :D

i hate smssing...i'd rather pick up the phone and talk...too expensive :(

that's a nice addictive list...

and lovely fotos too...gld you enjoyed ,..never mind the snooty folks..some have forgotten what it is to live :)

Mama - Mia said...

art - thanks!! :D

mampi - i know! even my mom can use t9! i dunno why i jus cudnt bring myself to even try mastering it! and i love hearing everyones oohs and aaha for the pics!! so its a very selfish reason! :D

noon - oh yes! happens to us also that we see something new on someone elses table and then defi want to have it! :D and T9 is basically dictionary in the phone. it tries to guess what you are writing and you dont have to press as many keys! and i have heard that sms is very expensive out there! yahan its dirt cheap and an unobtrusive way of getting in touch! :D

suma - i have to do your tag next! it needs some creativity and beautiful language... which arent exactly my forte! :p here smsing is very cheap! so we use it indiscriminately! :p

as for snooty folks, i have learnt to ignore them ages ago! but for Cubby its an odd feeling! and i have never understood ki har smile ke paise bachaake yeh log itte rich ho jaate hai kya?! :p

cheers!

abha

PG said...

Looks like a great trip.
reading in the loo, I'm too impatient for that, but hubby needs it too.

Usha said...

:), :) and :)

Anonymous said...

WOW!! I loved the family pic totally :) Cubby looks so adorable !!!!!! Mwah!

Mama - Mia said...

PG - thanks! :) am glad you didnt pick the habit from hubby! :p

Usha - lazy woman!! :p thanks! thanks and thanks!

SnS - thankee!! :D finally we have a l'il decent family pic! :D

cheers!

abha

Indian Home Maker said...

Lovely pics...made me want to take a break!
We are so lazy we keep going to any nice places where we've enjoyed the food once :( Only try new places when strongly recommended by friends.
LOL @the mini-library in the loo. I did read in the loo when I was young but over the years....

I am totally addicted to blogging too, aren't we all :)

Priyanka said...

Lovely pics ! Try Woh-Hup Ginger chicken sauce, its pretty good. I love to try different foods too.

Pipette's Mimi said...

how does one email you? :)

Pipette's Mimi said...

oohhh n lovely pics :)

couchpapaya said...

my hands started paining when i read abt ur sms addiction ..... i'm the opposite, i hate sms'ing, sometimes i call back in reply to a message !! and woooo to the cosmo !!!! cheers to many more :D the pics are wonderful ....

ps ... y did u think i was in blore? still here :(((( but counting the days till i get there !!!!!

Kush said...

Nice writing. Btw, look at the traffic at your blog!

Mama - Mia said...

IHM - his trip was one of our only just like that vacation types! hope to do more of em! they are so much fun! andyes, this blogging thing is quite an addiction! :D

priyanka - i am kinda scared of Woh-Hup things now! but your recco sounds interesting! shalld efi toss it in my cart next time i see it! :D thanks for dropping by!

mimi - well m id is amateurabe@gmail.com. so thats where you can mail me! :D and thanks!

CP - quite a friend you are! cheering the one who is turning into an alcoholic! :p are you planning to an RTI??! :)

rhett - thanks! :) and i am surprised that i have so much traffic! how did you get here?!

cheers!

abha

Kush said...

I think you interpreted my comment the wrong way. You see, when novice bloggers comment for the first time on old timers like yourself, if you examine closely, this is what their comment inevitably reads:

Oh please read me, oh please do
You will find such emotion, tender and true,
Visit me once and you'll ever forget
You'll visit again, O you bet!

Unknown said...

Reading in the loo Check
Smsing emailing instead of calling Check
trying out worthless culinary ingredients and messing up big time check.

Soul sistah

And yaaayyyyyaaayyyyaaaaay Im going to Goa on 29th tooo......

Mama - Mia said...

rhett - your honesty bowled me over! i did visit your blog yesterday itself and have already bookmarked it!! but ppetry takes a l'il time to enter my thick skull! so am gonna read it at liesure!! :) and veteran??!! geez!!

kiran - soul sistan indeed! and you doing a foa trip too? diwali out there?! very cool!! will wait for krish photos!! and ahem... perhaps you in sexy swim suit?! :D

cheers!

abha