M who walks in after me from work sees Cub and me chilling (its cold war actually after another scene of terrible behaviour by Cub) in the living room. There is cooker on the gas.
M - cooker mein kya hai? (Whats cooking in the errr.. cooker?!)
Me - Dal
M - sirf dal? Subzi nahi hai? (only Dal? no subzi)
Cub - Nahi Papa, mummy ko subzi banana nahi aata. Woh sirf dal banati hai. Subzi toh aap banaoge.
(No papa, mummy doesn't KNOW how to make subzi. She makes only dal. YOU will make the subzi)
M and me were first very very stunned and then rolling on the floor laughing. It is so true. Everyday (barring exceptions of course) M makes the subzi and me the dal! :)
And if you think kids are salve drivers who don't care enough for their toys just because they treat parents badly? Have a look.
On a completely unrelated note, I am absolutely NOT a poetry person. I just don't understand most of it. But i recently purchased a collection of Ogden Nash called Candy is Dandy and am loving it! I remembered him being a funny guy with some poem of his studied at school eons ago. He isn't just brilliantly witty and sarcastic, but has such lucid observations which hold true even today! I keep passing on the book to M when i want him to read something especially nice, but then he wants to read next three pages and book comes back to me only after 10mins of constant nagging. :D
Here's some of his lines. I couldn't agree more. This is pretty much my relationship with God considering i rarely go to places of worship and mostly have one on one's at my convenience and obviously expect HIM/ HER to understand! :)
I didn't go to church today,
I trust the Lord to understand.
The surf was swirling blue and white,
The children swirling on the sand.
He knows, He knows how brief my stay,
How brief this spell of summer weather,
He knows when I am said and done
We'll have plenty of time together
What is your relationship with the one Up above? You enjoy the rituals that go hand in hand in with religion? Or stay away from them? Or are pretty much neutral and will participate if you have to and stay away when you can?! Or maybe not believe at all?! :)
19 comments:
OMG! He really put them all to sleep :P Hw sweet :) :)
hahahahaha! Dal and subji is so funny.....he is such a sweetheart :)
Oh! I love Odgen Nash. That is my kind of poet, else I am not a poetry person AT ALL!
About God... I have rediscovered, what religion truly stands for. I believe in spiritualism, and have realised very recently that, it is infact the core of every religion too. Unfortunately that has been masked by rituals, without any core meaning. To me God is my friend, always there with me, all around me.....
Lagta Hai Ki Daal Mein Kuch Kala Hai wrt division of labour in your kitchen
High-five (on behalf of Bunnu to Cubby) for putting trains to sleep each night.
cho chweet... he is the most adorable
LOL at the dal-subji. Cubby is so much like Pari when it comes to witty replies. And she also puts her toys to sleep! Had the children wrote a blog, they would have pretty much discussed us the same way we discuss them! I am sure they find us as peculiar if not more :D
And yes, on the God part, I have a very subtle understanding with him. A strict believer of 'Abou Ben Adhem' philosophy.
Please wish Cubby's cars Sweet Dreams on behalf of Dhruv.
Aw the sweetness of the Cubby ensuring that his toys sleep too ! he's such a moppet although I still cant get over the loss of that curly hair :(
Lovely juxtaposition of photos!
Of course the trains sleep. Don't you know about Thomas, the cheeky engine sleeping every night? :P
very witty little fellow :)
and just loved how he had put all his toys to bed.
As for the God part, I am not at all a ritually religious person.I would like to be more religious with my daily prayers to the Upparwala though:)But I believe very strongly in good thoughts and good intentions
Aww...he put his toys to sleep! How cute :) I am not a poetry person either...but those lines are pretty good. I too am like you, say a short prayer before I go to sleep....thats it. And other times keep eating His head when I really want something.... just like a kid does with parents :)
omg...the munchkin does the exact thing with his cars before going to bed!
lol at cubbys observation about your cooking skills!
Abhaaaaaa! Pls stop by at my latest post:
http://theprintlover.wordpress.com/2010/08/11/the-curious-cat/
~TPL
Just too cute - how he makes his cars also go to sleep. KG plays with her cars all the time but has such reckless disregard for them in the way she leaves them and goes to bed! :) I should tell her about this! :)
BTW - two posts on KG - you have not yet read 'em! Grrrrrr!!! I was afraid of you and Mniamma whipping me next month - I posted on KG as promised!
ohh i have same kinda relationship with God :) I also have 1 x 1 at my convienence :)
Loved the toy sleeping pics :)
Hey.. no updates for almost a month? Trust things are fine at your end!
hahaha... likes the toy act their... the world needs to sleep too ... heheh...
Post a Comment