Tuesday, January 28, 2014

a round up of a week of 55er! :)


Like I said I want to keep this week of 55ers as one post, just like that. For those who are not familiar with what a 55er is, in a nutshell,  it  is a work of fiction done in no more or no less than 55 words. Fun! For the last week we used prompt words and wrote our pieces based on those.

If you want to know more, here's a link!

http://www.wikihow.com/Write-55-Fiction


Day 1 (Prompt – Love)


The day before their wedding, their eyes met as they sat amidst a room full of people.

She felt a shiver run down her spine.

She hoped it was love. She did.

And yet, what if…?

Almost  ten years later, she can safely say her hopes never let her down.

Amen. Touchwood. Antijinx. Kala Teeka.


Day 2 (Prompt – Just as I was leaving)


There had been silence in the room since he had accused her of infidelity. Of cheating him and their love.

He had ranted, raved and pointed fingers while all she kept saying was ‘But I am telling you the truth, there IS no other man!’

Just as he was leaving she whispered, ‘It’s another woman.’


Day 3 (Prompt –  Tender kiss)


They had been dating for a while but still hadn’t stolen their first kiss. She realized that if she waited for the shy guy, she may have to wait forever.
                                                      
“Shall we kiss?” was her ultimate hormonal proposition. They did and it was all teeth and nose!

The tender kiss will have to wait. Sigh!


Day 4 (Prompt - Weighing Machine)


Shock and disbelief! Divorce papers? All of a sudden. Out of the blue as they say.

Mental trauma and anguish? Irreconcilable differences? 

Why?

He believed that their first year of marriage could not have been better.

Just last week, for their first wedding anniversary, he even gifted her a top of the line weighing machine!


Day 5 (Prompt – Dreams)


I can make you mine

Taste your lips on wine

Anytime, night or day

Only trouble is

I am dreaming my life away...


She always imagined this song playing in the background when they talked about the next step and he said I love you, I do, but… Will her dream come true?  Or not?

There was silence for a while. The other woman in the room did not know what to expect.

She had been seeing her regularly, visiting her actually.


Day 6 (Prompt - She looked deep into her eyes)


Today was the judgment day.

“So, Doctor?”

She could sense the doctor looking deep into her eyes as she said “I think we can get you sight back!”


Day 7 (Prompt - They said he died because they wouldn’t accept him.)


They wanted him to be just like them.

He tried. But it just wasn’t like him to indulge in these activities for the sake of ‘tradition’.

They said he died because they wouldn’t accept him.

Actually they told him that he was dead to them.

“Good riddance!” he said to himself with a scintillating smile.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Loved all of them, Abha! But number 7 was sooper and cheeky and I love it mostest :)