So, since I really cannot think of anything to say right now, I just realised I have a tag to do given by Monika and Ansh (aren't you supposed to inform me woman?!;). Add to that you basically just need to do a summary of the posts you have done! So get ready for BEST of Abha! :p
Yeah Yeah! We are vain like that only!
The tag: What you have to do is simple: Post 5 links to 5 of your previously written posts. The posts have to relate to the 5 key words given : family, friend, yourself, your love, anything you like. Tag 5 other friends to do this meme. Try to tag at least 2 new acquaintances (if not, your current blog buddies will do) so that you get to know them each a little bit better.
Family - since you can't choose em I have been lucky to have a really nice one! :D But generally my posts are so much about Cubby, I don't really have a decent post about my family as such. But there's one I did on rakhi for my brother.
Friends - You can choose em, but you may not always get lucky. I have a few who mean the world to me. I did one about two of my closest friends and how we have started on your journey to motherhood almost together. S is visiting us with her l'il daughter M (whom I haven't seen since birth) next month and I am already so so excited!
Yourself - oh well. since we have already agreed about being Vain, I have so many posts for this, but lemme try and pick ONE! Ok! I think THIS should be about what I am.
Your love - It's a pity I haven't done a full fledged post for M. This one says some of what I feel for him. I had a tough time not adding this to family because it covers a lot of our family in detail too! So THIS one is for M.
Anything you like - I just found an old post where I have put up funny comments I got on diaper review on another website. It makes for total fun read. The best part was, that I had lotsa Daddies telling me their stories showing husbands today defi make better fathers! :D So, THIS one is for you cool daddies out there!
Now to pass on the tag. This time let me just leave it open. Anyone who wants to do it, go on and do it. It's good fun to read all these old posts and have a silly smile on your face thinking you have indeed come a long way even in six months! :)
And since its been awards time galore, there's another one! A special one too. The one that says BFF on a gold card. It means Blogging Friends Forever.
I love lucy and Suma gave this to me.
I love lucy said "Abha - Her wonderfully warm and friendly smile says it all! Her passion and zest for life is reflected so well in her writing.I cannot wait to meet her and the little darling Cubby on my next trip to Bangalore!"
(I have a feeling that she just wants to meet Cubby!)
Suma has given it to all her blogger friends! But what she wrote about me while accepting the Brilliante Award made me float on Cloud Number 9! This is what her blog says about me "Mama mia's famous for her radiant 1000 watt smile, and her cubby who takes after her. esp in the beam and cuteness factor. Her optimism is contagious and i love the feel-good factor of her blog"
I would hate to pick and choose blogging friends too. It of course goes right back at two of you and thank you so much for thinking about me! It's also for some of these people I have met and known for some time. WIAN and JLT, please to come out of hibernation and entertain us! Other than that all of ya ladies and gents who take out time to read my blog and comment too, this is for all of you! :D
23 comments:
Awww... its obvious that you are sad today. It's not like you to rummage in nostalgia when there's enough crazy candy to tangle you in the present. We missed the feel-good chirp in this post and hope to see it in the next one-- soon!
Cubby has entered that phase where he will torment us for the satisfaction of tormenting. It's also called teenage and he is 13 now, if only in months. As most parents (especially mine) would vouch, it is best to ignore teen angst. They all turn out OK in the end.
Turf war with both Rajamma over Cubby and with Cubby over Cubby are to be expected. They both have equal stake in what becomes of him. And they will often do things differently, merely because it provokes you.
So just "Pia Pia" it and see it vanish...
Love you!
I did not? Bad woman I am . Still new to this tagging world. So pardon sought.
Loved reading through all the old posts. The one about M was very touching. :)
Sorry that Cubby is still not his usual self. Hope he gets back to his usual self sson.
*Hugs*
M said it all in his comment.It sure seems hard to stay calm but I do hope you manage to do so and are also able to make Rajamma see things your way.
And of course I am dying to see Cubby baby but I look forward to meeting you just as much,Abha :)
M has summarised it well :) Maybe it does take a lil time and you will be able to get your point across to Rajamma too :) *hugs*
Hugs dear..Well, you are the eternal optimist (remember?)..so everything will be allright..very soon :)
Hugs.. having a bad day!Loved the nostalgia posts.. esp the diaper thingy :)
awwwww... not at all like sweet, smiling, optimistic Abha! Believe my oft repeated words. Its a phase. And if I know Darwins theory even a little bit, I am sure the genes for LOVING FOOD which comes from his parents, cant be hiding for long :)
I am sure he will become as foodie as you soon enough. So, smile and bear pleeeez.
And yes, thanks for that wake up call. You are the sweetest alarm around :)) Will take up the tag!
I am not too experienced when it comes to phases that a child goes through, but I am sure that you would manage to sail through it (with the help of that million dollar smile of yours and Cubby's)
Love,
Puja
V - well! yeah i guess!! maybe i was just hormonal!! maybe the self doubt abt motherhood crept up again! hehe!! this too shall pass!
monika - thankee!! and i had fun doing this tag!! :D and Cubby has been LITTLE betta! touchwood! kala tika!
lucy - look at all the compliments M has been getting!! :p yeah!! i hope someday i learn LITTLE more patience!! hugs!
SnS - are you guys on my side or M's and Rajammas!! :p i know! this too shall pass! :D
cheers!
abha
anu - amen!! :)
preethi - hugs! you actually had the patience to read through the old ones!! hehe! i love the diaper one too! :D
WIAN - thanks for your sensible words like always!! :) he refused to eat his raagi but had our noodles today!! so the foodie genes are there alright!!
puja - if only i had patience as big as my smile! :} lets c!
cheers!
abha
remember your eo girl - this too shall pass .... even with the rajamma's of this world !!! just keep at it ! plus just saw the sil pass thru this so can vouch for it :)
I hope Rajamma understands soon.
Congrats on being awarded :)
Glad Cubby is a little better.
There is an award for you on my blog. :)
Aww..dont worry ...we all have bad days ...smile please :)
CP - :) yup yup!! am thinking when he is hungry he will eat!! hehe!!
manasa - even if she sint "understanding" she is following my suggestion! small mercies, eh?! :)
monika - yeah! even tho his eating troubles persist, his health is lot better! touchwood!
swati - i know i know!! :) am super now!!
cheers!
abha
Hey, not your usual chirpy post... Dont worry... like Swati said, everyone has good and bad days... this will surely pass...
hey! Have seen almost all kids behave like this at this age! I have seen atleast 6 kids very closely in the age group of new born to 6 yrs old and tantrums is like their birth right at tht age! I hope you keep up your spirits to help me ltr on too! :)
Its tough to imagine how do ever smiling Abha looks like in a Bad Mood...seriously.
Mahavidvan M has summarized everything in a true Gaagar Mein Sagar way...so I think we are left with nothing to say...
But 10-15 years from now...School Boy Cubby will read this post and is gonna hug you with a sheepish smile saying 'Sorry Momma'...
:) BTW kaafi Ghumakkadi Chal rahi hai aap logo ki...Humare Bangalore Prawaas par bhi kuchh plan banaiye please...JD ke farmhouse ke baad kahin ki trip hi nahi bani hai humari :(
CD - yup yup!! c'est la vie!! :D he is lot betta now!!
G - yeah!! you just wish your kid is blessed with unique ability NOT to throw tantrums!! hehe!! all in good time!!
toon ji - aaj kal robots ke bhi mood swings hote hai, toh hum toh insaan hai!! :D aap bangalore aa jao, pucca kuch plan karenge!! tab Cubby ke peeche daudne ki duty aap ki!!
cheers!
abha
Hey Abha,
This is on a completely unrelated note...where in b'lore can i get the raagi mix for babies...what do you feed cubbyr?
and now that i actually read the post.. :)
..and yes, can't blame rajamma for being territorial with CubbyR...little kids do that to people...he'll be fine..
munchkins mom aka avanti - we get this raagi aata in all the supermarkets in bangalore. it needs to be sieved in a fine chalni or cloth and then used. least thats what amma does.
and then she kinda cooks it in milk and paani and then adds a huge dollop of ghee!! ewww it tastes according to me. but cubby seems to enjoy it and its really helped his health for sure!! :)
for more details you can come home and see amma and action or if you can spk kannada talk to her!! :D
hugs
abha
Post a Comment