Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Designs on me for Valentines Day!

So what did we do this Valentines day? Usually we are pretty clueless and last year we actually forgot about it. This year...


We could have been doing something like this...


Instead we laughed over the corny heart shaped chocolate cake...


choked on the heart-straw, but Looved the sinful coffee.


and then went to a tattoo parlour to get meself a tattoo!


Yes!!! I did too! :)


Ofcos its NOT blood! Freaked ya out, didn't I?! :p


Sneak preview!


Taadaa!! That's cute l'il devil a.k.a. Hot Stuff! :)

It is still getting healed, so I don't have a clearer and nicer picture. This is with M's camera phone. I have wanted a tattoo for the longest time. When I told my dad, he said "Finally! Your long standing wish is getting fulfilled! Make sure the needles are new!" My mom freaked out just as I thought she would! :D It is indeed heartening to see some thing don't change. Hehe!
Finally found this guy to get it done from. Came reccoed from coupla friends and a totally worthy recco I must say. Ofcos this being my first tattoo, I am no expert, but I felt comfortable with him, he had a steady hand and the tattoo looked exactly the way I though it would. The place was neat and clean, they opened a new needle in front of me and gave em to me as souvenir once done thus reassuring me that they don't get reused.
M first decided to wait downstairs but then came up to the studio to "hold my hands" through the pain and was thoroughly disappointed at my lack of screaming and crying! :p
Cubby has been touching it, pointing to the nappy the devil is wearing and saying "Naappy!" followed with "Niicce!" in his characteristic style.
Me, I am just waiting for this week to get over so that it's completely healed and i don't have to hide it under the Neosporin powder I sprinkle generously to avoid infection. And no, there are no deep thoughts behind the design. I just thought it was cute! :D There was definitely a thought behind the place... ankle is the only part of my body that at this point of time that doesn't jiggle! :p Logical, Nahi?! :p
Thanks M! For the AWESOME gift! :) Love ya more than you know or can imagine. But then you DO know, don't ya?! :)

47 comments:

Rohini said...

Well, I have to agree with Cubby. Niicce!

Pipette's Mimi said...

Ooooooooooooooh Niceeeeeeee!!!! I dont have the guts to get carved on..but the devil is super-cute..waiting for a clearer foto!

Anonymous said...

I think its soooo cute.

Indian Home Maker said...

Oh My God!!!! I have been wanting to get one done but just delaying .... did it hurt?? (honest please!!!)

I am dying to get one on my upper arm :)

This is exciting, looks cute too!! And yes it is an adorable Valentine's Day gift, always love your pictures!!!

ROTFL @ cubby not missing the tattoo's nappy!

couchpapaya said...

wow, v cute!! u have guts girl!!! i wld never have dared, that pic did freak me out a bit before u mentioned it WASNT blood .... enjaay the hotness :D

Smita said...

Aha!!!!

For a sec I had freaked out at the blood thing but then read ur caption :D

It must be feeling great to finally have it :)

Sue said...

Awesome! I luurve it! Almost you convince me to get another one. Vicky is definitely getting one more but I've been resisting the idea thus far.

WhatsInAName said...

wow and some more wow :)
Devil is so cute! So where is the next tattoo ;) Hopefully before the next valentines, ya?
And lol at cubby and nappy... hahahaha he is adorable!
Lovely gift for sure! I am J :P

Anonymous said...

Ooh, devil wears nappy? That's too cute!
Will wait for clearer pic.

I am too chicken to get one myself!

Anonymous said...

oh nooooooo u didn't!!!

i am SOOO jealous! omg om gomg!! that looks so awesome -ly placed. will have to wait for the clearer foto though. :))) good on ya!!! im glad u did it.

rofl @ cubby!! he's a darlin.

Angel's Flight said...

Abha

This is so cool!! Man I have wanted one for so long...so like IHM...I really want to know if that hurt....

on a scale of 1 to 10....1 being a mosquito bite and 10 being childbirth...where would getting a tattoo place?? (btw...thts the Oprah scale...she used when trying to find out how badly a bikini wax hurts ::))

Priyanka said...

WOW! You had a devilishly good Valentine's gift :) Looks cute!

Dee said...

YAY!!

Next one, we get done together.. The DH & I plan to check him out...:P

Mandira said...

oh wow! nice.. i wudnt ever have the guts to get a tattoo..looks too painful..but that doesnt mean i dont encourage others and appreciate their body art!

Anonymous said...

way to go abha, you got it done finally! welcome to the club :)

Chikki said...

LOL Cubby noticed the nappy. This is a great idea for v-day! :-)

Vidooshak said...

Very interesting photo-blog. I loved the way you led up to the 'big' moment. You know what they say, the deepest cut is from the people who love you most. So now you are all carved out for me.

Happy Valentine's Day, branded biwi!

:-)

Anonymous said...

What I was thinking you got some flowers or chocolate. What a awesome V-day present. And the devil is suits you./ :)

aMus said...

OH my god!!! WOW!!!what a brave gal!

and that sure was an interesting lead -up to "THE" thing...

Monika said...

me is totally J too... have been wanting one myself for the longest time but scared one and two just keep thinking i will get one done when i loose weight and not to say that doesn't happen :(

it looks very nice

Mama - Mia said...

rohini - thankoo! :D

Mimi - yup! a clearer photo another 10days down the line!

Su - thanks!! :D

IHM - i think thje pain is hugely over rated! totally depends on your threshhold of pain. mine is pretty good and am sure so is yours! plus it also depends on the place! bones hurt the most! fleshy parts the least! the healing hurts l'il more than the process actually! :D

CP - i loved the picture for the shock facyor! and i dont think you need lotsa guts for this! :p

smita - totally! i wanted it so bad that it was almost an anti climax once it was done! :p

sue - you know what? the guy tol me if you get one, you will come back for another. and i have a feeling he is right! how will be tell our kids not be crazy?! :p

cheers!

abha

Mama - Mia said...

WIAN - next year, another one! hopefully! :D

JaM - yeah he does! even a l'il devil needs to cover his modesty! ;)and its no big deal! really!

roop - yayyy!! i did too!! :D

AF - isnt the cool factor high for a tattoo! i would rate it a l'il more than those machines we use to wax! so maybe a 6! :) and everyone has a different threshold of pain too. i had a pal who wagged her finger angrily at me and said "YOU! you told me c-sec doesnt hurt!" hehe!

priyanka - i loved the comment! :D

Dee - most defi!! leme know how you guys found him. so i know too! :D

cheers!

abha

Mama - Mia said...

mandira - well i dont get eyebrows done because i think it hurts so much! and tattoo is just once in a while pain! :p

mahitha - yes i did!! lot of courage comes from you too! :)

me - yeah he did!! and M was kinda hopeful i would tattoo his name! hyuk! ;)

Vidooshak - theu something like that? so when do i get a branded hubby?! :p

asaan - i have NEVER got flowers! M offered to buy this time, but by now i am too embarassed to get any! hehe!

suma - well, once you decide and come to terms with the fact that its permanent, its just a matter of when rather than brave! :D

monika - well i was not sure of weight loss either so chose the non-pudgy ankle! so just go for it! it will show you gorgeously on your fair skin! :)

cheers!

abha

Just Like That said...

eeeeeeee You totally freaked me out there....
but the tattoo is a real cute one for cute Cubby's Ma.
Branded biwi? Branded Mom is more like it. Lol at Cubby noticing the nappies on Hotstuff.

Unknown said...

awe-effing -some! Wow...now i really need to get a tattoo(its on my things to do before 30 list )...chickened out twice already :(...in my eyes now you are way too cool!

Anonymous said...

Tattoo looks wicked-cool :)...Welcome to the club!

- DH

Mama - Mia said...

JLT - hehe! you freaked out like my mom!! :p

avanti - i wasnt cool before?! bwwaaahhh! but i know what you mean! it was my thing to do before 30 too. and it hit it this april! :D and why did you chicken out? if its the pain you can chill. its highly over rated. it obviously hurts, but not that much. if its permannace you worried about, ten you just need tobe sure! enjoy!! :D

DH - thankoo! whose DH is this tho?? Dee's?! since mine has alrrasy commented! :p

cheers!

abha

Indian in NZ said...

wicked!! I would love to get a tattoo but my threshhold for pain is less than 0!

Toonfactory said...

Cute design...lovely tattoo :) Honestly speaking I am one of the anti-tattoo people, but then I was anti for too many things before I visited your blog ;)

Anonymous said...

congrats abha !!!
Waiting for the final picture...
will call u sometime to know completely abt it..

cheers
aditya

Iya said...

wow, damn neat..tell me did it hurt..i have been contemplating doing this for a while now but i chicken out everytime...was it very painful??

ps: reading u for a while, first came here from monica's bolg, and u see never commented..mentioned so u dont wonder much :)

Mama - Mia said...

2b's mommy - temporary tattoos hai naah! :D

toon ji - i cant imagine why should you be anti-tattoo. anyhoo. i hope whatever change is perceptions happened for ya while reading my blog is in good sense! :)

adi - haan! haan! phone karo! i am a resident tattoo expert now! :p

iya - :) oh well! from what i hear i might just met ya soon! so thats cool! :D as for how much it hurts, leme repea what i tol IHM. i think the pain is hugely over rated! totally depends on your threshhold of pain. mine is pretty good! wat about you? plus it also depends on the place! bones hurt the most! fleshy parts the least! the healing hurts l'il more than the process actually! :D and you dont have to get some huge design to start with! a small one, you should do ok! :D

cheers!

abha

Vidooshak said...

@Toon - Join the club. I was pretty anti-tatto myself. But then I was anti many things till I came to meet this blogger ;-)

All the excitement aside, for this to work out people need to be very careful. I am still not sure how safe those Goa shacks are, although LOADS of people I know have got theirs done in Goa.

So now you can expand your dating horizon and not reject tattooed babes right away, eh?

Anonymous said...

Really cute yaar!!!
I am getting inspired, although I am sure it would take some more time for me to gather enough courage to ACTUALLY do it!!!

Lijy said...

loved the tattoo..

I wouldn't ever gather the courage to do something like that.
I get dizzy prior to an injection :(

Mama - Mia said...

viddoshak - thankoo for the backhanded compliment! :)

puja - go for it!!! :D

lijy - really? for an injection?! awwww!

cheers!

abha

~nm said...

Wowie!! Awesome! Now i need to get one too!

Another Kiran In NYC said...

Cake and fancy looking coffee!!! Whats not to like. What a perfect valentines day. Cake makes everything better, even tattoo pain. Did you have a second slice for the pain? You had the perfect excuse... work it!

When do we get to see the picture of the healed tattoo?

Anonymous said...

Good you clarified that was not blood. I was about to pass out at the thought :) Looks cute...whatever little I could make of it. Want a clear pic soon :)

Mama - Mia said...

~nm - aage badho ~nm, hum tumhaare saath hai! :D

kiran - yup yup! actually we fought about the cake and gave half back to the place! but the coffee was awesome. another week before it heals! :)

HC - smelling salta coming your way!!! hehe!

cheers!

abha

Mamma mia! Me a mamma? said...

OMG!!! That is super cool! And fantastic to boot! Love it!

You rock girl! You so do!

eye-in-sty-in said...

AWESOME!!!! That is sooooo coooooool!!!!

Always wanted 1... have my reasons to not do it yet!

!!!!

Mama - Mia said...

namesake - thankoo! :D feel pretty cool! or should i say hot?! :p

spike - you want one too?! cool! and am wondering what the mysterious reasons are?! :D

cheers!

abha

Swati said...

A better pic please ..looks cute !

Mama - Mia said...

its almost healed! once its done a clear pic will be coming up! :D

cheers!

abha

Shruti said...

the devil idea just struck u? just like that? aing! can thoughts be so cute :D Devils with nappies! :D That one pic really did freak me out though :| Show us the healed product!

Mama - Mia said...

shruti! oye! the original picture isnt MY idea! i only wish i was that creative!! :( i saw it someplace and then searched online! jai google baba ki! and then showed it to the tattoo guy and voila! ;)

that photo was MEANT to freak ya out! ;)

cheers!

abha