Wednesday, March 4, 2009

meri kahaani, meri hi zubaani!

So, Munckin's mom tagged me to do this one and seemed like a great way to relive the preggers days and first few days after! :) Yes, I plan to add pictures because there isn't much readership for non-photo posts of mine. Ofcos, i doubt how putting pictures of BIG me will help. But what the heck. No walk in the memory lane is complete without some photos! :)






Completely unaware of pregnancy, happily doing a chhaiya chaiyya on TOP of the bus at Hampi!


1. WAS YOUR FIRST PREGNANCY PLANNED?

Yes. But we didn't expect it. I was on medication thanks to PCO's and was told it could take quite some time. It worked in first shot. I think it was because it was our anniversary! :) And we were to go on a trip up north a day after we found out. Yup. we did go and had a blast! :)




Yup, we went to Agra to meet our favourite chacha who takes awesome pictures!




Pregnant, in love and at at Taj. can it get cornier?!


2. WERE YOU MARRIED AT THE TIME?

YES! It was our wedding anniversary(the day Cubby got conceived me thinks!). 2nd to be precise!


3. WHAT WERE YOUR REACTIONS?

I went in the bathroom anxious. Then came out with a BIG smile!



This is me at Cafe Noorani, haji Ali, Mumbai ready to gorge on some of the best rolls and biryaani ever made. Sometime in last few weeks of pregnancy! :)



4. WAS ABORTION AN OPTION FOR YOU?

Nope. This was a wanted pregnancy!



Trying to show the tummy! Sometime in first few months me thinks! :)



5. HOW OLD WERE YOU?

28yrs. Now I wish it was little earlier.



6. HOW DID YOU FIND OUT YOU WERE PREGNANT?

By peeing on a stick.



7. WHO DID YOU TELL FIRST?

M ofcos! I came out, jumped on the bed waving the stick and singing "Samjho ho hi gaya!" hehe. M was quite expecting the coy "Hamaare ghar ek nanha mehmaan aane waala hai" line! :p


8. DUE DATE?

21st July



At Nasik with my adorable niece. This is April 2007. 3 months to go!



9. DID YOU HAVE MORNING SICKNESS?

Nope. My doc kept asking me saying it would help me lose some weight! :p Apparently lucky 5% women don't get morning sickness. Good to NOT be a part of the majority. I did puke in last trimester thanks to reflux. But once found out the tabs took care of that.





Exercising in our terrace in Bombay. M used to accompany whenever he was there!



10. WHAT DID YOU CRAVE?

Nothing really. I was actually pretty much on a strict diet. My doc was a monster and expected me to LOSE weight during pregnancy. So I would eat apples and sprouts. I can't eat apple even now. As an afterthought, I am thankful to the doc! Without him cracking the whip I would have been VERY fat rather than just overweight! :p



Eating chat at Atria Mall few days before the D-day! :)


11. WHO/WHAT IRRITATED YOU THE MOST?

Nothing really. I had a happy pregnancy throughout almost. It was post partum breast feeding trouble that made life hell for me!



At Cinemax for FDFS - Harry Potter movie! Oh! I miss those days!



12. WHAT WAS YOUR FIRST CHILD’S SEX?

It's a BOY! :)




Cubby as l'il bunny at 8 weeks in Pune (Daadi-daadu's house)



13. DID YOU WISH YOU HAD THE OPPOSITE SEX OF WHAT YOU WERE GETTING?

Yes. A girl. There are no girls in the family. Ofcos, everyone was quite sure it would be a boy. Now i know it doesn't matter! :)



14. HOW MANY POUNDS DID YOU GAIN THROUGHOUT THE PREGNANCY?

14kgs





Can you see how BIG I am? At Shivaji Park.




I was okie with the whole Flower Girl thing till they even made me hold a basket and take pictures! Gee!



15. DID YOU HAVE A BABY SHOWER?

Yes! The traditional Maharashtrain Dohal-jevan that my mom and kaku arranged. M was sadly not there.





See that horrid blouse? I had opened the katori that had Gulab Jamun in it which meant it would be a boy! :)


16. WAS IT A SURPRISE OR DID YOU KNOW?

I knew. Even had to wear a horrid ready made blouse in golden colour 'coz nothing would fit me.



At my biggest me thinks! This was before M and me went to Mocha to meet a close buddy and hubby. Imagine the scene when she turned up wearing the same thing in kurti style!




17. DID YOU HAVE ANY COMPLICATIONS DURING YOUR PREGNANCY?

Nope. Was hospitalised once for BP trouble. And yeah, the anomaly scan to check if Cubby was a "normal" baby 'coz he didnt move that much. That scan was the worst 45mins of my life me thinks. But very cool othawise.




My FAVOURITE pregnancy in picture in FAVOURITE tee! :) At Worli Seaface.




18. WHERE DID YOU GIVE BIRTH?

Bombay


19. HOW MANY HOURS WERE YOU IN LABOR?

About two hours. It was induced. The lady said since it was my first delivery I won't go into labour for 7-8 hrs least. This was at 230am. By 530am i was calling M and hollering asking em "WTF are you!" By 7 i was completely dilated!



At the hospital the previous night with my packed bag et al.



20. WHO DROVE YOU TO THE HOSPITAL/BIRTH CENTER?

My parents and M in a taxi.




Mom & Dad waiting anxiously as I was wheeled into the OT! Cant even imagine how worried they must have been! Love ya both!



21. WHO WATCHED YOU GIVE BIRTH?

Doc and his team!


22. WAS IT NATURAL OR C-SECTION?

C-Section. After i went into labour and was taken into OT. I was doing the pushing business when Cubby's heart rate started dropping. So an emergency c-sec was done! Either ways it was the happy beginning that mattered! :D



23. DID YOU TAKE MEDICINE TO EASE THE PAIN?

Yes.I was conscious throughout the operation.




Cubby at home few days later. Yes, M got the last harry Potter book to the hospital on 21st July, the day it released! I forced him to! :p



24. HOW MUCH DID YOUR CHILD WEIGH?

3.3 kgs. The scan were showing 4kgs plus baby!



Cubby on the hospital bed! :) Thank God they look human eventually!



25. WHEN WAS YOUR CHILD ACTUALLY BORN ?

20th July 2007. We were so hoping he would crossover and be a LEO kid! :p



26. WHAT WAS YOUR REACTION WHEN THE DOCTOR ANNOUNCED THE SEX OF THE BABY?

I seriously don't remember!



Holding Cubby for the first time two days after birth!



27. WHAT WAS YOUR FIRST REACTION ON SEEING THE BABY?


I couldn't properly see or hold Cubby for about 2 days. I wasn't allowed to get up. So when i first held him, i was crying!



28. DID YOU CRY?

Yup. Look above!



No29. WHAT DID YOU NAME HIM/HER?

Kabir - got lotsa gyaan about how it's a Muslim name and bs llike that, But once we decided on this one, we couldnt imagine anything else.



30. HOW OLD IS YOUR FIRST BORN TODAY

I am bad at Maths. So i will just say 19months and some days!


Oh! It's over already! This was fun.



With my in-laws in Pune exactly 3months before the birth!


And i also realised I had written quite a few posts during pregnancy and it was fun reading them.



My pregnancy was one of the funnest times of my life. The attention, pampering and love was so addictive. Add to that the bloody hormones make your skin and hair look so much nicer! M kept asking if we can bottle it up for later! :)


Thanks Mom, Dad and M for showing me a great time through the pregnancy and later. For accepting my tantroms and tears. For hugging me and supporting me through them. For letting me be! :)


And all the happiness, am sure reached Cubby too. He is one helluva sunshine kid. Since the day he was born.


I think almost all mommies I know have been tagged. So I will ask Suma (yes again! lets see how much you remember!), Puja, Lijy, Namesake, Art, Angie and IHM.

52 comments:

Mamma mia! Me a mamma? said...

Awww! Just LOVED reading this! As always, the photos and the captions brought everything alive for the reader!

I've already done this on FB...

And who says I dont enjoy tags...I actually love them! Done a few too. Unfortunately, I'm just lazy. Like the refrigerator one you've sent me...that means taking pics, transferring them...sigh! Aside from being lazy, I'm also technically challenged and that my friend, is a dangerous combo!!

Artnavy said...

so lovely and the pics and captions as usual brought it alive!!

i had done the birth story a long while back and did this tag from monika.ansh just today- thanks!

Indian Home Maker said...

Loved reading this!!! You remind me of me with your cheerfulness throughout your pregnancy!!

Love your attitude :) Great pictures!!

You in chaiyan chaiyan act are so cute, and btw you look nice in the golden blouse I have something like that too ... such blouses go with everything!
This is a delightful, uplifting tag :)) I have started answering the questions ...if I think of adding pictures, it will never get done, so I will post it without any pictures, ok?

Mamma mia! Me a mamma? said...

Done it!!

http://mammamiameamamma.blogspot.com/2009/03/my-first-born.html

Monika said...

oh that was so cute... loved reading it

need to go back to ur preg posts to read more :)

but u didnt old cubby for 2 days... monster doc i say

Mamma mia! Me a mamma? said...

Hehehe! I just read your comment on my tag! I'll give you a big hint. In the 'book', I've written three poems simultaneously, under one big heading and obviously it's in the parenthood chapter.

The back of the 'book' has author profiles. You'll find me quite easily once you realise which piece of writng I'm talking about!! :)

Hehehe! I feel as if I've just put you on a treasure hunt with the grand prize being me!! ;)

Mama - Mia said...

namesake - thanks for adding to my comment count! :p thank for copy pasting this on blog too! it was much fun! :)

and wont it be easier if yout just send me a mail with you name and a family photo! i promise i wont send it to anyone! i dunno when is the next time i will go to a book shop! stop being mean! :p

art - yeah! just read your tag! would love reading your birth story tho! :)

IHM - such blouses are nice if they fit okay least! i still have it i guess! and pictures is totally my take! i would love just reading your answers! :)

Monika - yeah! it was a fun tag to do! i have linked most of the posts here! the ones in green! :)

cheers!

abha

Unknown said...

Wow - amazing pics. You are glowing throughout your pregnancy - maybe why Cubby has that wonderful smile!

Smita said...

Awww!!! this is such a sweet post!!!

U must have gone down the memory lane while writing this :)

Preethi said...

such a cute post... loved it :)

Angel's Flight said...

Awww..Abha! My Fav post by Far!!

Chikki said...

Hey - I need to read your posts, so this is not a meaningful comment...been so behind! Will get to it soon. Just catching up on my blog posts!

But just wanted to let you know that you've been tagged again. :-)

aMus said...

awww....this was so very cute...

and loved all the pictures...and the cheerful attitude...and esp the "Samjho ho hi gaya"!!!

but seriously, where do u get that immense patience to locate the snaps and upload and give the right caption...

Unknown said...

Awesome,AWESOME! The pics totally spiced up the tag...LOVED it! :)
BTW our stories of the conception not being immediate as predicted by the docs is similar no?
Well, now who's laughing ?? :)

Mama - Mia said...

coffee rocks - merci beaucoup! and welcome! :)

smita - oh yes totally! i had forgotten i had written all these things in old posts. i remembered few things by reading them! hehe!

preethi - thankoo!

AF - thankoo. we will exchange notes whne your time comes! :D

OM's mom - no worries! will check out the tag! :D

suma - you are sweet! thankoo muchos! as for locating the snaps hubby deraest is quite organised with help from Picasa, so finding pics is really not en effort! uploading them! now that is a pain! i will soon need to wear a wrist band if i keep going like this! :p

Munchkin - remember i had tol ya when you did your preg story with pics i wanna do too! i mised it up with this! anyway i am incapable of giving monosyllabic answers! :p and yes our story is similar! but i didnt cry! i had cried many times before waiting for this moment! :D

cheers!

abha

Swati said...

lovely post ..you do a great job at memory lane kinda posts

Lijy said...

lovely post Abha, loved it, and also the pics.

Will surely do it.

Indian in NZ said...

WOnderfully done - The pics just made the tag awesome !

Can't stop thinking how cheerful you looked all through. I hated taking pictures when I was preggie, I looked horrible ( comparitively!).

Loved 'samjho ho hi gaya' !!

Anonymous said...

at the risk of soundin freaky, U got such a pritti pritti smile!:)

i actually first read this tag at IHM n saw u had tagged...loved readin urs! wid pics of cubby...da wittle cutie pie! (as u can guess, i LOVE kids)
hah, who needs books, i'll just visit ur blog for all essentials when its time! :D

Just Like That said...

Lovely post! Can just imagine your Samjho ho hi gaya... :-D

I remember your pregnancy posts- you were my Muse who got me started on my blog! Thanks a ton!

And Cubby sure has got his sunshine as well as his smile from you. Shucks, WHEN do i meet him???

Vidooshak said...

I'm speechless. Those were the days...

WhatsInAName said...

hey since i was virtually around you from the beginning to end this was like a trip down memory lane for me too :-) Really enjoyed it! Whatever those nine months do to us its all so worth it in the end isnt it !

WhatsInAName said...

btw some snaps are new to me too! they surely pep up your posts :-)

Mama - Mia said...

swati - thankoo! why odnt ya do it too?! :)

lijy - thank you! will love to red you bit soon! :)

2b's mommy - i dont think there is EVER a bad looking bride or pregnant woman! :) am sure you looked totally gorgeous!

crafty - i would call you freaky if you didnt call my smile prity! :p yeah i am verry modest! :p and me a bad parent! dont bother reading my blog for parenting tips! :p

JLT - it was so cool to see your comment on every post of mine! :D i even dedicated one post for ya naah! :) and thank god you got inspired! sonny boy is far too entertaining to lose out on his gems! :)

vidooshak - speechless and tired! :)

WIAN - yeah! eventually there were so many snaps and not alls hared! and how can i forget how yous handheld me throigh my doubts and questions! hugs to you! :)

cheers!

abha

Toonfactory said...

Lovely post :)....whatta journey...again this is something which makes me panic a lot...Dunno whats wrong with me, but ur blog again broke some myths ;)...lol

D said...

I've been reading this tag at various blogs but I think this one is the most fun. Probably because you had so much fun during your pregnancy.

You guys are very encouraging for us should-be-mommies-now :)

Mama - Mia said...

toon ji - arre aapke bade myths hai yaar! agar aur jab shaadi karoge, humse detail mein baat karna! :p thankoo! :)

D - thanks girl! :) and its not should be mother but want to be mothers! big difference there! and its really not such a big deal! its all in the attitude! :)

cheers!

abha

Anonymous said...

Wow....lovely tag Abha! The pic where you are holding Cubby for the 1st time...you look so beautiful and serene! Love the baby under construction tee as well as the baby shower pics. You look glowing in all the flowers and the mukut :)

couchpapaya said...

loved this post abha !!! ur right ur posts with the pics are amazing, just because u have so much fun .... it's infectious !! u make being a mom look like a breeze ....

Mandira said...

nice post abha..and nicer pictures! got to know some interesting aspects about u and cubby! i like the one with u and cubby on day 2.
lol@flower girl.i think the gold blouse is kinda cool.im sure it was the only time in ur life when u wore a gold colour blouse...that makes it a one of its kind pic!:)

Another Kiran In NYC said...

What a lovely post!

We may have been pregnancy twins in the fact that things were so easy for us. I cant complain about a thing either, including morning sickness.

For me the C sections were a breeze too so nix on that! Did they seriously not let you hold the baby or get up for 2 days? That must have been hard!

I didnt get a traditional dohaljevan with gulab jamun et al, but made up for that by looking at your picture :) Did you eat the gulab jamuns afterwards?

And Cubby looks perfect in his first pictures! Not the usual "just born scrunchy" at all.

Usha said...

:) Enjoyed that!
YOu know what, when I was pregnant I had none of the glow and beauty pregnancy is supposed to bestow upon you. I look haggard and ugly. People said that this was normal if you were having a boy. But I feel so cheated looking at your beautiful pictures during pregnancy.
:)

Mama - Mia said...

HC - thankoo muches! :) its awesoke how comfy you are holding the kid even the first time! ofcos i later realised not all is flowers! (pun intended!)

CP - :D it is a breeze! as long as you are carefree but not careless kinda mom! :) like i always say, life is just as complicated or easy as we make it to be!

Mandira - merci! :) oh i didnt mind so much the golden colour as the fit! or lack of it if i may say so! :D

kiran - now that no other c-sec mom has had that experience i wonder why was it done! maybe they screwed up the anathesia or something! basically i was not supposed to life my haed at all. and tell the doc imm if it hurt! me being me, just said ok, whateva! and i hope if and when i have 2nd one, its as cool! :D did i have the gulabjamun? i think i must have! least tasted it! :)and see Cubby in the picture where i am holding him for the first time! he was a scrucjed up baby alright! :D

Usha - hey! who knows maybe the babies got exchanged at the hospital! there were 5 girls and one guy at the hosp when Cubby was born! :p and like iw as telling someone, there are no ugly brides and preggie women! :)

cheers!

abha

Toonfactory said...

Ab main kya karun mere saare myths inhin cheezon se sambandhit hain toh... :(

Collection Of Stars said...

Lovely post Abha :)
I could see and feel all the happiness. No wonder, like you say, Chubby is such a happy child :)
I so enjoyed reading this.

Priyanka said...

WOW, you have done the most awesome job on this tag! LOVED LOVED LOVED all the pics and your replies. I need to go back in your archives and read about your birth/breast feeding experience. I too was induced, and it ended up in a c-sec because Ash's heart rate dropped, our birth stories are so similar. But why weren't you allowed to get up for 2 days?
And I love the name - Kabir :)

Anonymous said...

this was such a nicely done tag!!

loved the fotos. :) always enjoy your stories.

just a couple of things:
"It worked in first shot."
- it could have double meanings eh hehe

love love love ur kurti in agra photos

and why do u say u wished u'd done it earlier? :))

Anonymous said...

n thanks for making this pregnancy thing seem such a delightful experience. :)

Mama - Mia said...

toon ji - like most Indian men! :p par phikar not! hum hai naah! ek the ghost busters aur hum hai myth busters! :D

CoS - thankoo so much! how you been?? i made the palak dal that you have put up on your blog. tho the flavour was not that untentuc (thanks to lack of smbahr powder at home), it was a plesant change! :D

samira - sure will.

priyanka - oh it was so much fun! and i have linked all the posts! the ones in green are the links to old posts! and i really have no idea why the7y didnt let me up. maybe they screwed up the spinal anasthesia for all you know. and yup, what similar birth story! :) hugs!

roop - you filthy double minded woman!! :p funny how i missed it considering i am one too! hyuk! and the kiurti was brought in lucknow where we went before we went to agra! the crazy variety of chikan stuff they have is just too awesome!

as for why earlier. biological clock exists and it ticks like hell! and its been so much fun! tho ofcos i absolutely dont regret 2 years M and me spent together BEFORE cubby came along. the whole thing wouldnt have been such a breeze without us being a rocking couple! :D

and it is a fun time. point is to be happy! even if you are throwing up! :p and i know you would have no difficulty living it up pregnant or not! :D

ps: i dont comment on your blog expecting you to comment on mine! hehe! hugs!

cheers!

abha

Mystic Margarita said...

Awwww...loved reading the tag. It's obvious you had loads of fun during pregnancy - you know, that's what I love about you - you are always smiling and the warmth of your smile lighs up everything and every one around you! :)

hitch writer said...

Came here from Monika's 201 post !!

lovely tag and very nicely done !! the pics made it more alive...

Mama - Mia said...

mystic - awwww! you are too sweet! thankkoo muches! maybe i should put up my rota photo one of these days! yeah i have a few of those too! :D and i have my share of crying and tenper tantrums! thankfully the cam,era isnt around then! :D

HW - thankoo muches! and many welcomes! :)

cheers!

abha

Cuckoo said...

Wow! What a cool tag. I loved the way you've made it so much fun. :)

Anonymous said...

hey i luv the tee which has print "baby under construction'..I have seen this tag post on lot of mommy bloggers but urs is simple awesome..:-)

PG said...

yes, i have to do the tag as well. Lovely one. Good to know you more. Lovely pictures too.
I actually came asking for a favour, have a qustion at you, don't know how to contact you.

Mama - Mia said...

cuckoo - thankoo! why dont you do it too? consider yourself tagged! :D would love to read your fun take!

rashworld - thankoo muches! and welcome ofcos! am glad this timepass was enjoyable! :) and that tee is my fav too. westside maternity wear! :D

pg - do it soon! :) and yeah you can drop me a line at amateurabe@gmail.com. cool?! :)

cheers!

abha

Noodlehead said...

thanks a bucnh for the tag, girl!! this one seems like FUN! now i'm going to go dig some pics of a pregnant me...dunno how many of them are in our comp in India :(

Chikki said...

Love the excersising on the roof photo of u while preggo! Oh and the flower girl one is nice too. It's fun to look back at the photos of the preggo days...such a unique time with all its challenges and special memories!

I'm going to take inspiration from you and do this tag illustrated with photos too!

Yword said...

hey abha
reading this was both fun and nostalgic. i remember my first pregnancy,which was nine years ago more clearly than my second one. first borns are seriously obsessed over!
your first feelings were what? mine were a mix of inadequacy and determination to do a fabulous job of beinga mom :)

Mampi said...

I so want to do this tag after reading yours.
Sho Shweet. Too baD I dont have many pictures to supplement it.
Loved your tag girl. It was almost like I saw you during, and through your pregnancy.

Mama - Mia said...

monica - :D yes! the first time i guess becomes maha spoecial because its a first of everything! :) by second me are excited but also more of fact i guess. ofcos i dunno about 2nd one yet! :D and my first feelings were "thank god! i got pregnant!" hehe! :p

mampi - thankoo muches! please take it up! and photos are as always just my idea! am sure your words will be worth thousand pics!! i am tagging ya! :)

cheers!

abha

Anonymous said...

hey. wonderfully written post. u've motivated me also to take up the tag. here it is -- > http://akamonica.wordpress.com/2009/04/11/the-pregnancy-tag/